The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:Tony Pulis considering improved offer + Survival package in January transfer window. Not being funny but Pulis the other day said he'd happily drop down the leagues to manage, he obviously REALLY doesn't want to manage Palace. :laugh:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is a lot of negative reaction to Pulis, but to be fair with the cloggers he'll have at his disposal (Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Delaney, McCarthy etc) as well as Murray to get onto the end of throw ins and corners I can see him doing alright. Also those who have bought tickets for the top tier of the Holmesdale will have a great view of the ball.

:D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will the Holmesdale stand put up with it though, how long before the death threats start?

Prince Charming and El Gordo will keep a low profile to avoid them.

Good for you :thumbsup: you need something to cheer you up this season. I quite like watch the DVD of the 3 -0 drubbing we gave you in March. I am also enjoying this season watching our new manger slowly getting the team to play his way and the last couple of games scoring for fun. Now only 3 points outside of the play offs and looking good for the rest of the season.

How is the Premiership going for you? Fun?

:bla::yawn:

Will answer that another time but have enjoyed the games so far,better to have been there than not at all:p
£100 to Remf says you wont make promo this season?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
:bla::yawn:

Will answer that another time but have enjoyed the games so far,better to have been there than not at all:p
£100 to Remf says you wont make promo this season?

You don't get it do you. I don't give a toss about being in there. I have seen first hand how Reading fans prefer being in the championship, where you can't predict games and they are normally played on a Saturday or at some reasonable time. I saw how miserable they look every Monday and the fact they were getting money, so what? It did not help how they felt.

You winning in the play off stung for about two days. Now I get the pleasure of supporting every team in the prem that plays you. And they normally win. :p

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You winning in the play off stung for about two days. Now I get the pleasure if supporting every team in the prem that plays you. And they normally win. :p

It is quite enjoyable seeing them regarded as just another training match and an easy 3 points for virtually all the teams in the Premier League.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I only support two teams.......Brighton and whoever is playing Palace.

:)

In all honesty Palace have turned their Premier League season into a farce.

Quite difficult to imagine how it could have been worse. Nothing they could have done about the Murray injury but everything after that has been of their own making. Can't help but think the inexperience of their owners is having a massive negative effect on them.

It might all turn around for them and they survive relegation but I can't see it. Next year back in the Championship will not be the stroll many of their supporters think it will be.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
There is a lot of negative reaction to Pulis, but to be fair with the cloggers he'll have at his disposal (Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Delaney, McCarthy etc) as well as Murray to get onto the end of throw ins and corners I can see him doing alright. Also those who have bought tickets for the top tier of the Holmesdale will have a great view of the ball.

:D

Assuming Hoofball Pullis gets the dream role of manager at Salehurst, many season ticket holders in the Half a Weight Stand and many away fans will need to seriously review their seat numbers.

'If you are seated towards the rear of the stand then you will find that you are sitting on old wooden seats and there is very little leg room'. Plus the views of the playing action are not particularly great from the back of the stand, due to the overhang of the roof. And if that is not enough then there is the odd supporting pillar to contend with too!@

So many will want seats at the back half of the stand to avoid seeing the ball for 90 minutes. There could be all sorts of Elf and Safety problems and a real risk of the Elf and S Certificate being revoked as their will be stampedes to get prime seating at the back to avoid seeing the ball.

Tickets will now have a new line on them saying " Please be aware your seat number will result in you seeing the ball at kick off only but you will have an unrestricted view of the roof when you look up for the ball at all other times"

Holmesdale end supporters will have surgical neck collars issues as standard on all seats on medical advice from the club doctor to prevent A&E being swamped with CNS (cricked neck syndrome - usually manifests itself after 10minutes of watching Hoofer's team lugging the ball into orbit). Going to watch Hoofer's second game results in RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury of the neck). Clearly Mr Charming must consider the impact on the NHS and the local economy of the future rise in sickness in the area after watching a match at salehurst.

To bolster Hoofer's January war chest to sign ageing logs to bring the squad number over 50 (only 25 will be lucky and not be named in the first 25) they can save on groundsmen (Hoofer teams don't need grass as the ball is never near it) and sell their mowers.

First signing Begavic- Kicks further than sPeroni (over priced lager) and would become joint top scorer overnight.

Anti football manager on a long contract as clearly PCs first choice and salehurst fc= perfect match.

I was hoping that he would never manage again but if he did have to, there is no better place to ply his trade esp if you are lucky enough to hold a ticket at the back of the Half A Weight.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 28 days...and counting...

Just announced on the news on radio 2. Pulis in advanced talks with Palace.

In Palace's case, "advanced talks" means Pulis said no at first, and now Prince Charming has got on his knees and said "PLEEEEEAASE".

That's where they're at.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps Prince Charming's pleading puts Pulis in pole position at parlous Palace?

Possibly, since Petrescu poo-poo'd the post.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I know Hollowhead was blaming the play offs and not having the time to prepare for the season but teams like Hull, West Ham & Swansea stayed up after winning the play off and teams like Burnley and Blackpool gave it a good shot to stay up and won't be relegated by Christmas like the Selhurst shower will be. This shows what an absolute mess they have made and are continuing to make of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports