Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Palace have now managed to let the opportunity of the international break to slip through their fingers, so losing a handy opportunity to work with the squad and now creating more pressure on a new manager to hit the ground running.

Presumably their recruitment and selection process (assuming it actually exists) moves slower than a glacier as well as failing to find anyone that actually wants the job.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just hope they pay Pulis lots and lots of money for the privilege.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jermaine Pennant will feel right at home in Croydon.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do honestly think Pulis will lower is wages now that Palace are desperate? Bet Pulis has increased his wage demands if anything.

Indeed. If I was him, I'd be adding another 25% minimum on to my original demand :D

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They could have had Pulis 4 weeks ago. Complete omnishambles.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Indeed. If I was him, I'd be adding another 25% minimum on to my original demand :D

Palace turned him down because £2m was way out of what the clowns are prepared to pay but are running back with the begging bowl pleading to take the job. Bet Pulis is sitting with feet up laughing and writing outrageous figures down now knowing how desperate they are. Im sat here in london drinking some beauirful wine and a lovely meal with a big bloody grin on my face.

We didn't say that though. Holloway was a manager still in work, who had a decent play off record at this level, and most of you lot seemed relatively pleased at the time.

Pulis is a different kettle of fish, as not only is he a dinosaur of the game, and a man that none of you want, but he's also seemingly about fifteenth choice for the position, ahead of only Dowie in the least popular stakes.

This is bloody marvellous :clap2:

I wanted him, I was gutted and still gutted he left, We should have stuck to the squad we had that turned you lot over, like ive said before we got there you didn't end of, My dvd if the game is getting worn out got to have some glory from time to time to brighten the darkness :banana: those happy clappers :D
:ffsparr:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wanted him, I was gutted and still gutted he left, We should have stuck to the squad we had that turned you lot over, like ive said before we got there you didn't end of, My dvd if the game is getting worn out got to have some glory from time to time to brighten the darkness :banana: those happy clappers :D

Well, you couldn't have stuck to that squad, could you, as you sold one of your only two outstanding players, and the other one is injured.

Seriously, you can't tell me that you really believe Moxey, Delaney, Phillips, Dobbie and so on had the slightest chance of keeping you up, as opposed to the current shower?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Good for you :thumbsup: you need something to cheer you up this season. I quite like watch the DVD of the 3 -0 drubbing we gave you in March. I am also enjoying this season watching our new manger slowly getting the team to play his way and the last couple of games scoring for fun. Now only 3 points outside of the play offs and looking good for the rest of the season.

How is the Premiership going for you? Fun?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has there ever been a Premier League club that has struggled like Palace are in getting someone even half decent in? The season should be salvageable at this stage but nobody seems to want to touch the job with a barge pole. I would be absolutely gutted if it was us, bloody hell we even managed to attract half decent managers when we were at Withdean. I'm starting to feel a little sympathy for long term Palace fans..

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just been announced Keith Millen doing a press conference tomorrow so new manager yet and my tip Millen looking more likely to keep the job

He apparently doesn't want it.. Can't see him turning it down though with nothing to lose and a massive pay-off guaranteed. Would further emphasise that Charming has resigned them to relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here