Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Palace must be the only club in the country whose fans are actually looking forward to having someone like Pulis in charge....is this what Parrish meant by getting someone who fitted with the Palace style?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Re: The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 27 days...and counting...

Palace must be the only club in the country whose fans are actually looking forward to having someone like Pulis in charge....is this what Parrish meant by getting someone who fitted with the Palace style?

They weren't, many were distraught at the thought. Then their tin pot board reminded them how unprofessional an outfit they were and now they are disparate for anyone other than Dowie. If pulis drops out they'll be creaming themselves about Dowie.

I can't decide; big wages and yet more transfers in January with.inevitable relegation or Dowie and just tin pot reinforced. Difficult decision.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I personally think Pulis would do wonders for them. Worth a punt on them staying up - big odds at the mo? Cash back in May would soften the blow

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I personally think Pulis would do wonders for them. Worth a punt on them staying up - big odds at the mo? Cash back in May would soften the blow

Maybe, but will need to ship out all players shorter than 6'1" and bring in some giants in January - does he know any other way?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And here endeth the career of Jonathan Williams.:down:

On a positive though, Jedinak will flourish.

They will need someone to take the free kicks / corners... can Williams do that?

I love the fact that Palace have announced they are disappointed in the calibre of the applicants for their managers job . So if Pulis does take the job he now knows that initially Palace felt he was not good enough for the job but after looking everywhere else they feel they can't find anyone better so he'll do. :D

I predict trouble ahead :ffsparr:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I love the fact that Palace have announced they are disappointed in the calibre of the applicants for their managers job . So if Pulis does take the job he now knows that initially Palace felt he was not good enough for the job but after looking everywhere else they feel they can't find anyone better so he'll do. :D

I predict trouble ahead :ffsparr:

Bet Parish and co are smashing the boardroom up as we speak at the thought of paying him £2m a year on a 4 year deal plus the signing on fee.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If they appoint Pulis then the board will need to splash the cash in a big way. This from a Guardian blog in March this year:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/mar/20/tony-pulis-stoke-city

Stoke's net spend over the past five seasons is not far off £80m. To put that figure into context, only Manchester City and Chelsea have spent more. "On transfer fees and money spent on the first team, nobody can question the Coates family on the amount of money they have invested in this football club," Pulis said on Tuesday, after it was reported that one of the reasons he was considering his position in the summer was that he was frustrated with the amount of money being pumped into the academy instead of going into his transfer budget.

Yes. I rather like the sound of Tony Pulis in charge of Palace.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Although people will mock his style of play, he will probably do a good job there. He will be their best chance of staying up. At least he wont come knocking for our players, none of them will suit his style.

I agree with this wholeheartedly - 'style of play' snobbery annoys me.

If Pulis was manager of the Albion and we were scrapping away in the Premier League and holding our own, the Amex would be full and there'd be very, very few complaints about the style of play.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I recall you lot said the same when Ollie got the job:D look what happened :p

We didn't say that though. Holloway was a manager still in work, who had a decent play off record at this level, and most of you lot seemed relatively pleased at the time.

Pulis is a different kettle of fish, as not only is he a dinosaur of the game, and a man that none of you want, but he's also seemingly about fifteenth choice for the position, ahead of only Dowie in the least popular stakes.

This is bloody marvellous :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here