The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nope, god knows what they were doing there. Maybe checking what hair gel Chamakh uses

Apparently he uses "man fat" hair cream which comes on a handy pump dispenser from Steve Parishs personal couturier.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As that was loading up (old computer) 'Thomas interested in palace job' all I could think was:-

'Please be Mickey' 'Please be Mickey' 'Please be Mickey' 'Please be Mickey'

I heard the news on the radio and missed the first name of the 'Thomas'. I too was hoping it was Micky.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No. Can't have that. Because of his bout with ill health it would be considered poor form to make fun of palace with him in charge and we can't have that.

He's no longer ill-your conscience will be clear.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It seems now like lots of formers are showing an interest or open-to-it-ness; dowie, coppell, thomas. How much of it is an interest in the job and how much of it is "aw, poor palace, everyone is making fun of them, I'll act interested so people leave them alone..."

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It seems now like lots of formers are showing an interest or open-to-it-ness; dowie, coppell, thomas. How much of it is an interest in the job and how much of it is "aw, poor palace, everyone is making fun of them, I'll act interested so people leave them alone..."

Or, if they're not serious managers as such and not fussed about tarnishing their CV, then could be an easy way to make some money for just a few months work.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Am I the only one that thinks Murray, if he gets fit, is not going to set the prem alight contrary to the belief of every Nigel?
I can't see anything saving their embarrassing effort this year but Murray turning out to be crap would be the icing on the cake.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Am I the only one that thinks Murray, if he gets fit, is not going to set the prem alight contrary to the belief of every Nigel?
I can't see anything saving their embarrassing effort this year but Murray turning out to be crap would be the icing on the cake.

I don't know where you got that idea from.
I, like most Palace fans, just want him fit and to have a crack at Premier league football. He deserves it after last season, and he would have buried some of the chances Chamakh has had.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
He deserves it after last season and he would have buried some of the chances Chamakh has had.

Correct on both points. He needs a run though, any new manager who does not think he is better than Gayle or hairgel can get stuffed.
You can probably tell I am not a lover of Chamakh

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Correct on both points. He needs a run though, any new manager who does not think he is better than Gayle or hairgel can get stuffed.

Who is!? Maybe Hollowhead?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 27 days...and counting...

Looking at the odds the bookmakers appear to have no clue STILL

Petrescu 2/1
Dowie 5/1 :laugh:
Pulis 11/2 :lolol:
Sean Dyche 6/1
Mick McCarthy 8/1 :lolol:
Keith Millen 16/1 :laugh:

In short, the bookies have NO idea about this farce

Pulis now Bottle On

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

And how much do you reckon you are paying hair gel? Chamakh was always a flawed signing, it's clear he isn't the greatest player and his head drops when things go against him, hardly what you want for a relegation battle.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
And how much do you reckon you are paying hair gel? Chamakh was always a flawed signing, it's clear he isn't the greatest player and his head drops when things go against him, hardly what you want for a relegation battle.

Have not got the foggiest, I had it in for him ever since he threw himself to the floor instead of bloody shooting

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]402850890693881856[/tweet]

It's almost like Holloway has tried to get his friend to take the job because he doesn't want palace to come and get holloway back in the role...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports