The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, Dyche has the makings of an excellent manager in my eyes. Always liked him, and like his football.

BUT

If I was him, there's no way I would jump ship.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, to recap after Holloway walked away,

Pulis - too expensive, doesn't really want it because he doesn't think they can stay up
Colman - no particular interest in a return to the premier league
Millen - doesn't want it
Karanka - chose championship middlesbrough
Muelensteen - chose coaching role at relegation rivals fulham
Petrescu - "advanced talks" according to sky sports sources (usually paper journalists), but compensation too expensive might be a stumbling block
Dowie - cheap, available, willing?

EDIT:
O'Neill - Initial talks, went to ROI.

I forgot Mackay (ssn reported he turned them down)

Just to heap further misery on the clown suited jesterboys, Kevin Phillips (48), pictured, has launched an attack on Palace in the media for not getting game time, "It's goals we need", the elderly striker told the thronging mass of journalists.

_55871189_qpr_extratime.jpg

Kevin Phillips training yesterday

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looking at the odds the bookmakers appear to have no clue STILL

Petrescu 2/1
Dowie 5/1 :laugh:
Pulis 11/2 :lolol:
Sean Dyche 6/1
Mick McCarthy 8/1 :lolol:
Keith Millen 16/1 :laugh:

In short, the bookies have NO idea about this farce

What a thoroughly depressing list of possibilities.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
My fear is that they'll get someone competent such as Alan Curbishley.

My dream is Avram Grant.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Have they not even enquired about Sean Dyche? Done well at Watford and now doing excellent at Burnley with limited budgets.

Palace through and through, would probably be popular, would also probably do a better job than some of those supposedly in the running. Could see it happening. What are his odds?

Can you imagine what effect The Palace job would have on Coppell if it reduced Holloway to a gibbering wreck of a man.

I don't think I'd like to see that happen to him.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Just to heap further misery on the clown suited jesterboys, Kevin Phillips (48), pictured, has launched an attack on Palace in the media for not getting game time, "It's goals we need", the elderly striker told the thronging mass of journalists.

View attachment 48814

Kevin Phillips training yesterday

KP could have done a job for you lot this season, Seeing as you only have Barndoor fit. Just saying. :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
KP could have done a job for you lot this season, Seeing as you only have Barndoor fit. Just saying. :thumbsup:
He could have done a job for you lot, seeing as you've only scored 6 goals all season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So Palace go into a real 6-pointer vs. Hull City on the weekend with all this uncertainty still going on. Things are too late now for any new appointment to make a difference in that fixture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports