Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing is though it is easy to link someone with a job, either way I dont know wtf is going on and I wish I did. Just anyone but Dowie
At least you know you'll have a safe haven here, on NSC, away from all the laughing, pointing, and silly jokes.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
At least you know you'll have a safe haven here, on NSC, away from all the laughing, pointing, and silly jokes.

Ahhh thanks, I knew I could count on you blokes. Its irrelevant though as I am currently learning this just in case

hangmans_noose.gif

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
They keep claiming they have won the jackpot, lottery worth £120,000,000 but refuse to pay any club compensation. Something tells me they are skint already. Wonder how they'll fund a new stadium when they can't even stump up compensation to another club for their manager.

So any club that suddenly becomes £120m richer should just cave in to compensation demands? I'd imagine Prince Charming is negotiating rather than simply paying the asking price, which seems sensible to me.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So any club that suddenly becomes £120m richer should just cave in to compensation demands? I'd imagine Prince Charming is negotiating rather than simply paying the asking price, which seems sensible to me.

Possibly the problem is that nobody wants to manage Palace, they have had more knock backs than Richard Dunn v Ali.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Probably up until 4 am watching videos of European club games looking for cheap options, just like he did when trying to put together a squad. He may have good intentions but not really up to the job and just got lucky last season having shot himself in the foot letting Dougie go without a fight. Also cocked up by not planning for the Premier League last season.

Kinda pleasing for Albion fans watching from the outside though.

Hoping it's Dowie myself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will they have bouncebackability again

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Jason Cundy just suggested Karl Robinson for the Palace job. The tabloid media mindless brigade would love that. "He deserves a chance at Premier League level because he's worked wonders at League 1 MK Dons!".

Yeah, ok :facepalm:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Looks like it will be Petrescu, unless P.Charming has massively messed up and won't pay the compensation in the end.

He does have previous with making insulting offers ( see Bridcutt / Ulloa ).

Although at the end of the day it may well not matter who they appoint, they are gone from the Premier League already.

It's always hilarious to see/hear a media savvy publicity whore like Parish lose their cool when questioned about Palaces inability to sign a new manager. Apparently he is fed up of the media "deriding Palace" about their desperate search for a manager.

Palace - A laughing stock on and off the pitch - who would have thought it? :D

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, have Palace still not got a manager in place? I thought the players reported back today.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Petrescu now 1/12..

It looks like it may well be Petrescu - in fact I'm sure it will be ( if Prince C actually is prepared to pay the correct compensation ).

But what if there is a dodgy betting scam happening in Russia? Make everyone think it will be Petrescu, and clean up in the betting when it isn't.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
It looks like it may well be Petrescu - in fact I'm sure it will be ( if Prince C actually is prepared to pay the correct compensation ).

But what if there is a dodgy betting scam happening in Russia? Make everyone think it will be Petrescu, and clean up in the betting when it isn't.

I doubt it is a scam to be honest but they are easy enough to do with football betting if you were so inclined

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And Parrish "Dan was always my <cough> first choice for the job"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here