Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
"The compensation being requested by Dynamo Moscow for another Palace target, Dan Petrescu, is also a problem for their owners."

A problem? I thought promotion was a nice little earner.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
"The compensation being requested by Dynamo Moscow for another Palace target, Dan Petrescu, is also a problem for their owners."

A problem? I thought promotion was a nice little earner.

They keep claiming they have won the jackpot, lottery worth £120,000,000 but refuse to pay any club compensation. Something tells me they are skint already. Wonder how they'll fund a new stadium when they can't even stump up compensation to another club for their manager.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I wonder whether its possible to NOT impress Parish. Seems to me that he has offered the Chief Jestership to just about every out of work or pisspoor manager in Europe.

Ending up with Dowie after being snubbed by every credible candidate will really depress the Croydon Clown Club.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I wonder whether its possible to NOT impress Parish. Seems to me that he has offered the Chief Jestership to just about every out of work or pisspoor manager in Europe.

Ending up with Dowie after being snubbed by every credible candidate will really depress the Croydon Clown Club.

Oh nice of you to come back, care to explain the atrocious editing skills to make you look less of a plonker?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, to recap after Holloway walked away,

Pulis - too expensive, doesn't really want it because he doesn't think they can stay up
Colman - no particular interest in a return to the premier league
Millen - doesn't want it
Karanka - chose championship middlesbrough
Muelensteen - chose coaching role at relegation rivals fulham
Petrescu - "advanced talks" according to sky sports sources (usually paper journalists), but compensation too expensive might be a stumbling block
Dowie - cheap, available, willing?

EDIT:
O'Neill - Initial talks, went to ROI.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it's asking too much, but just given yourself a moment to saviour the possibility of:-

Dowie turning them down.

Mmmmmm delicious.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Pulis - too expensive, doesn't really want it because he doesn't think they can stay up
Millen - doesn't want it
Petrescu - "advanced talks" according to sky sports sources (usually paper journalists), but compensation too expensive might be a stumbling block

You are writing that as if you are guaranteed all that actually happened

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I just fail to see how they could appoint him, bloody hell surely the tea lady would be a better bet

She was in the running apparently, but Parrish wouldnt pay the canteen £6-50 in compensaton.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You are writing that as if you are guaranteed all that actually happened

Pulis - in the article above.
Colman - said so in his press conference announcing his new deal on friday (?maybe thursday)
Millen - article linked earlier in the thread
Karanka - Probably an article in this thread somewhere, if not, here you go: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24925713
Muelensteen - SSN tweet in this thread
Petrescu - on ssn, compensation in article above
Dowie - article above.

You are assuming I am making the claim each of them were offered the job. I didn't say that. All have been mooted through the rumour mill, newspapers, and ssn. I make no claims they were actually offered, officially or unofficially, the vacant role.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Millen - doesn't want it

O'Neil - quoted as having talks with Palace, and then joined Ireland.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Pulis - in the article above.
Colman - said so in his press conference announcing his new deal on friday (?maybe thursday)
Millen - article linked earlier in the thread
Karanka - Probably an article in this thread somewhere, if not, here you go: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24925713
Muelensteen - SSN tweet in this thread
Petrescu - on ssn, compensation in article above
Dowie - article above.

You are assuming I am making the claim each of them were offered the job. I didn't say that. All have been mooted through the rumour mill, newspapers, and ssn. I make no claims they were actually offered, officially or unofficially, the vacant role.

The thing is though it is easy to link someone with a job, either way I dont know wtf is going on and I wish I did. Just anyone but Dowie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here