Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
I answered your question, any chance of answering mine? How many times have you been into administration since we lost the Goldstone ground?

There it is, the standard response of a Brighton fan. Can't accept how much more superior their rivals are than them, so they scrape at the administration barrel.

Tell me where you'd be without Knight and Bloom now. I'm all ears 'the truth'.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
There it is, the standard response of a Brighton fan. Can't accept how much superior their rivals are than them, so they scrape at the administration barrel.

For the last time:
How many times have you been into administration since we lost the Goldstone ground?
It seems you are trying to avoid answering my one and only question. why?

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
For the last time:
How many times have you been into administration since we've lost the Goldstone?
Come, on you seem scared to answer my one and only question. why?

You lost the argument a long time ago 'the truth' maybe you should change your user name to 'utter gobshite' it would suit you better now would'nt it?

Ahh diddums :wave:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Does anyone here know how many times Palace have been in administration since we lost the goldstone?
Eagleseatseagulls doesn't seem to know? In fairness though, 11 fingers must make counting very confusing.

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You lost the argument a long time ago 'the truth' maybe you should change your user name to 'utter gobshite' it would suit you better now would'nt it?

'Utter Gobshite' sounds too much like a German rightback. It's doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Thanks for the suggestion though.
If I did have to change, I'd rather go for something less aggressive like 'Cantona and his holy studs'
What do you reckon?

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There it is, the standard response of a Brighton fan. Can't accept how much more superior their rivals are than them, so they scrape at the administration barrel.

Perhaps you could could tell us where YOU'D be without two administrations?

It's an issue that you and your cronies ALWAYS fail to acknowledge. Without screwing your creditors your club would be and should be in the Conference.

Time you lot faced up to the fact that you have phuck all to brag about it and phuck all to be proud of.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

There's a video on Youtube. About an hour long, of the final season at the Goldstone. It's a collection of news reports over the season. Watch it. You'll see Brighton fans protesting again and again and again. And of course we won in the end with Dick Knight flying the flag at the helm.

Now, tell us all how your plastic fans stood up to be counted?

Pot and kettle spring to mind.

The fans of BHA couldn't do anything when you were sold down the river by Archer left in the :shit:but since the Preistfield and Withdean you've come back stronger than even you could have dreamed, We as Palace fans couldn't do anything either but somehow we've managed to remain in the top two divisions despite 2 last day relegation battles at Stockport and Sheff Weds.

We've reached the premiership on a shoe string when we were supposed to be going down to L1 and to make it even more special beat you lot to get there when so many Nsc threads were gloating about our results, how many Wembley tickets? who do you want in the play offs Palace? we'll smash them over two legs :nono:,no matter what happens we'll always have that to gloat about.

I don't expect any credit but 3 years ago we nearly lost our club so what ever you lot say we've done amazingly well.
You go on and on about how wonderful the Amex is and yet for almost your entire history you played in a dump that makes Selhurst look like the Emirates :p. even in it's worst state.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxPW19rO1OI

The fact still remains we done you 2-0 easily in the biggest ever derby clash get over it :clap:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Palace fans must be excited..

Ooh, hypotheticals are fun...

Suppose someone provides a service to you that you benefit from. They then come to collect the money you agreed to pay them when you employed their services, but you find due to your poor budgeting, you have no money left. You do however, have a bunch of assets you could sell to others to raise the funds to pay what you owe. What would you do?

A second hypothetical. Rather than doing the right thing in the above situation, you keep your assets, they help you keep your business at an inflated level. You avoid the debt by using administration to wipe it out. Do you learn from this to budget accordingly so as to avoid cheating people and keeping your business at an inflated level, or do you learn from this that you can build up debt and just wipe it out when it reaches a tipping point?

A third hypothetical, after cheating people out of money you owe them, twice, retaining assets that inflate your business above the level it would otherwise be had you done the right thing and sold said assets to pay your bills, would you then shove it in other businesses face how you've been a business at this level for x years, then throw a wobbly dismissing the legitimate points raised about how you were able to retain such a level as if it was somehow noble, or do you show a bit of humility acknowledging the source of your business's level and accept that perhaps it shouldn't be something you throw in the faces of businesses who when they had debt sold assets, who suffered dropping through divisions, homelessness and have now worked their way back up to the same level?

I think we know your reaction to each hypothetical. For the record, if Brighton went into administration as a last resort I wouldn't troll a hereford board bragging about how we stayed up, and get angry if they suggested administration played part. If brighton went into administration rather than sell players to pay debts, I wouldn't brag about how we stayed up in the top two divisions thanks to the players we refused to sell.

It isn't administration that brighton fans have a problem with. It's the palace fans dismissal of it from the story of their "success" (staying in the top two divisions). You stayed in the top two divisions because of the administrations, not despite them. That is too quickly forgotten by many of your brethren.

Good post. Says it all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I knew you would clutch at that straw, it would be a lot like us claiming that winning the ZDS trophy was a major achievement eccept it really isn't is it? Winning the Southern League and beating Villa, the Champions of England, is not a claim to a major honour really is it. It would be like Sutton United beating Man Utd in a one-off match by todays standards. And who actually considers winning the Community Shield an achievement these days. Oh yes, the Champions of England and the winners of the FA Cup, none of which you lot have actually won.

Suddenly the ZDS seems more like a UEFA cup somehow...........

Fool. Do you palace idiots have a competition to be the biggest dimwit ?

The Charity Shield in 1910 was the play-off between the 2 EQUAL football leagues ( the football league, and the southern league ) to determine the overall champions.

Let us know when you were last Champions, or perhaps just come back if you ever manage it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The fact still remains we done you 2-0 easily in the biggest ever derby clash get over it :clap:

I was thinking about this and really. I don't gvie care one jot about that day any more. I don't even care that you're in the premiership.
Everything about our club is forward thinking. The planning we're doing now will benefit us for years and years to come. We're even WINNING some matches too. Remember how that felt?

Nobody wants to be manager of your football club. That says it all.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I was thinking about this and really. I don't gvie care one jot about that day any more. I don't even care that you're in the premiership.
Everything about our club is forward thinking. The planning we're doing now will benefit us for years and years to come. We're even WINNING some matches too. Remember how that felt?

Nobody wants to be manager of your football club. That says it all.

Likewise. The palace on here ONLY have that memory to live on. What sad little lives.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fool. Do you palace idiots have a competition to be the biggest dimwit ?

The Charity Shield in 1910 was the play-off between the 2 EQUAL football leagues ( the football league, and the southern league ) to determine the overall champions.

Let us know when you were last Champions, or perhaps just come back if you ever manage it.

Sounds like the Super Bowl to me :thumbsup:

At the end of the day - despite all the arguments Palace are the sort of Club that screwed over the St John Ambulance.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Palace fans must be excited..

The fans of BHA couldn't do anything when you were sold down the river by Archer left in the :shit:but since the Preistfield and Withdean you've come back stronger than even you could have dreamed, We as Palace fans couldn't do anything either but somehow we've managed to remain in the top two divisions despite 2 last day relegation battles at Stockport and Sheff Weds.

We've reached the premiership on a shoe string when we were supposed to be going down to L1 and to make it even more special beat you lot to get there when so many Nsc threads were gloating about our results, how many Wembley tickets? who do you want in the play offs Palace? we'll smash them over two legs :nono:,no matter what happens we'll always have that to gloat about.

I don't expect any credit but 3 years ago we nearly lost our club so what ever you lot say we've done amazingly well.
You go on and on about how wonderful the Amex is and yet for almost your entire history you played in a dump that makes Selhurst look like the Emirates :p. even in it's worst state.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxPW19rO1OI

Such an illustrious club that 3 weeks after Ollie bottled it you literally have no manager in. That 2-0 must be the highlight of your 3 years in existence.

Our fans did nothing? Err try again on that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sounds like the Super Bowl to me :thumbsup:
In 1910, those two leagues were the highest standard of football being played anywhere - so we were actually the best team in the world.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Could today be the day after Charming said they were hoping for an appointment by the weekend? Today's odds updates for the unlucky front-runners:

There is BIG NEWS. DOWIE is shortening :bowdown:

Petrescu- 6/4
DOWIE :)drool:)- 3/1
Stramaccioni and Robinson :)lolol:)- 7/1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here