Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
...and to have done it so honestly and without need for the occasional 'debt wipe' or two makes it all the more commendable...

Apparently we shouldn't be mentioning those two minor indicretions any more, not even when Croydon's finest keep bragging about their 'wonderful run in the top 2 divisions'. So stop it-the scumbags don't like it.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Apparently we shouldn't be mentioning those two minor indicretions any more, not even when Croydon's finest keep bragging about their 'wonderful run in the top 2 divisions'. So stop it-the scumbags don't like it.

But at least us scumbags can spell indiscretions.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Palace fans must be excited..

Maybe but its a chalice not a tea-cup. Remember Palace are now the 11th-longest League club in the top two Divisions, most of the clubs longer up there have hardly ever ben down to the top tier. From memory the longest spell ever for the Albion in those rarified heights is - what? - 10 years or so. WE managed that from 1963 to 1973 the first time. So Palace does rate on a CV.

Wow, you're so wonderful. It's all we can do just to bask in your reflected glory. I do so wish my daddy had brought me up to be a palace fan. You're such a lucky, lucky boy. Did those nasty Brighton fans say horrid things about your team? They really are very naughty aren't they!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"Chris Coleman has signed a contract extension to remain in charge of Wales for their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign."

Odds now:

Dan Petrescu- 7/4
Karl Robinson :)lolol:)- 7/1
IAN DOWIE :)drool:)- 8/1
Andrea Stramaccioni- 9/1
Pulis- 10/1

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I seriously think if they can get in a manager who can get the best out of Marouanne Chamakh.....:lolol:

Sorry, I couldn't quite finish the sentence.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I find it incredible that Palace fans bleat when we mention their two administrations. Had we been in administration twice, would they not remind us of the fact almost constantly, especially if we were boasting, almost constantly, about how we had sustained top-tier and second-tier football for thirty years and more?

Can they not see the correlation between having millions of pounds of debt written off, twice, and sustaining a level of football that they would not have sustained had they suffered the inconvenience of having to pay their creditors for services rendered?

Palace fans say that we cannot plead a crippling injury-list in mitigation for our indifferent start to the season – as if they would have coped without Murray, two other strikers, Jedinak, Zaha, Bolassie and Williams for the first three months of last season – even as they attempt to stifle any comments about their serial, shameful financial malpractice.

It is impossible to reason with them; and, frankly, they forfeited the right to lord it over us the first time they entered administration, never mind the second.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The only mistake was the one your parents made :clap:

There was a couple I recall..

One was where, when I was just a little boy, I asked my mother, "what shall I be?"... You don't want to know what she replied.... you don't want to know.

Then, my old man said "be a Palace fan" what I said...you don't want to know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here