Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Palace fans must be excited..

Long may this saga continue.

If they don't get someone soon, the January transfer window could be another disaster :lolol:

Time to appoint Avram or Sven maybe ???

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
They've just done it all wrong, haven't they.

I mean, all of it is wrong.

There they are BOASTING (and rightly so) about the income they get from this.....but at the end of the day its FOOTBALL. And, frankly, the FOOTBALL players they have bought and the FOOTBALL they are playing is WOEFUL.

And what's more, I honestly think they'll come down a WORSE team than when they went up.

No Zaha, Jedinak will go, Murray will be 2 years older than when he fired them up, disappointed crowd after their season of misery.

I'm not bitter. I will completely acknowledge that palace beat us and got to where I wanted us to get to....

But my WORD have they FUDGED it.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
No manager wants a relegation on their CV.....except Alex McLeish.

Its a poisoned chalice at Crystal Palace.

Maybe but its a chalice not a tea-cup. Remember Palace are now the 11th-longest League club in the top two Divisions, most of the clubs longer up there have hardly ever ben down to the top tier. From memory the longest spell ever for the Albion in those rarified heights is - what? - 10 years or so. WE managed that from 1963 to 1973 the first time. So Palace does rate on a CV.

Maybe but its a chalice not a tea-cup. Remember Palace are now the 11th-longest League club in the top two Divisions, most of the clubs longer up there have hardly ever ben down to the top tier. From memory the longest spell ever for the Albion in those rarified heights is - what? - 10 years or so. WE managed that from 1963 to 1973 the first time. So Palace does rate on a CV.

Course it does sweety.

PLEASE, PLEASE be Coleman.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In 1996 whilst the fans were at war with the owners, we were 11 points adrift at the bottom of the football league, due to lose the ground at the end of the season and not sure of being accepted by the conference if we were relegated.

We didn't seem to have as much trouble getting a manager.

The difference being there was a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel , anyone going for the Palace job will just see a black hole.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

...and to have done it so honestly and without need for the occasional 'debt wipe' or two makes it all the more commendable...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

A relegation is a relegation - simple as that.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Palace fans must be excited..

If you say so petal.

Just for you
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384362524.652591.jpg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
***** BREAKING NEWS *******

Smoke has been spotted bellowing from the jerk chicken shack chimney . A appointment is imminent !!!!!!!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Good god, is that still there?

Last time I went in there my eyes were watering for a week.

Yeah its still there , when they fire up during a match it dont half pen and ink .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
***** BREAKING NEWS *******

Smoke has been spotted bellowing from the jerk chicken shack chimney . A appointment is imminent !!!!!!!

Was it greased lightning ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here