Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Palace fans must be excited..

So you have decided it was not a level playing field? but the league allowed us to finish above you and indeed UK law. Do I like that we went into administration?, no. Can I do anything about? no. Will the stats show us as finishing above you? yes. Will we therefore have finished above you? yes.
It is like saying it is not a level playing field as Uncle Tony has at least 20 billion pounds and therefore how is that fair on us? we have had the bragging rights for years and still do regardless of how we play in the premier, stop crying and live with it. All the little terms you attach to your skewed view of how the league should work will not change that fact.

You are a little like a communist dictator in your ignorance of common standards of decency. Most palace fans are not like you and would not seek to actively boast about the relative success your club has achieved at the cost of others. Shame on you.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You are a little like a communist dictator in your ignorance of common standards of decency. Most palace fans are not like you and would not seek to actively boast about the relative success your club has achieved at the cost of others. Shame on you.

Going into administration is hardly successful but we cannot change it so we just have to live with it

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Still at least you seemed to have settled in Sussex eh.......:) . Surely getting out of the S20 area must come a close second to your sweetest memory.

If he does trot back to SE20 every couple of weeks, it is easy to understand why he feels his life is on such a high, living down in Sussex. When life gets me down, I look to my lowest point and smile as I realise that life is good. Can you imagine how that would feel if you had spent your youth within spitting distance of the disease ridden cesspit of Selhurst!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Since the end of WWII when the two clubs play in the same division (ie. a level playing field) Albion have a larger average home attendance than Palace. This year we will have a bigger average home attendance than Palace while playing in a lower league - impressive don't you think?

You, like most Palace, don't understand catchment areas. It's not the actual land size that's the catchment area - it's the population that live within it. You have as many people live within 5 mile radius of Selhurst than as the whole of Sussex which is sparsely populated - go figure it out and explain to us why your crowds are so low when compared to ours.

Because you have no other clubs to contend with(apart from "second" teams) and shiny new stadium

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Going into administration is hardly successful but we cannot change it so we just have to live with it

Yes it's hardly successful. But yet you and other palace fans on this forum are fixated with the past 30 years being in the top two divisions etc. You boast about it incessantly and completely unashamedly which is somewhat incongruous as that elevated position was achieved by not paying your bills on a VAST level. We however were far more careful and our league position consequently suffered and we lost our ground. How on earth are the two situations comparable? But yet you want to compare and boast. I find that odd.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Yes it's hardly successful. But yet you and other palace fans on this forum are fixated with the past 30 years being in the top two divisions etc. You boast about it incessantly and completely unashamedly which is somewhat incongruous as that elevated position was achieved by not paying your bills on a VAST level. We however were far more careful and our league position consequently suffered and we lost our ground. How on earth are the two situations comparable? But yet you want to compare and boast. I find that odd.

The same way it is comparable to saying that a club with a billionaire owner(which is kcallobs), a brand new shiny stadium and no real competition(apart from Premier teams) can compete on a level playing field with a club who have a poor ground(its poor but I like it) and clubs in close(ish) proximity, when it comes to attendances. Yet you all still gloat about that but that is okay is it is in your terms to make the rules, yet as I have said the league and UK company law think differently and thats why at the end of the day both clubs have to work with what they have got, regardless of the ins and outs which no fan can change.

Because you have no other clubs to contend with(apart from "second" teams) and shiny new stadium

Who are you contending with within the 5 mile radius of Selhurst ? - no-one. If you want to push out the radius to "contend" with Wimbledon (League 2) & Millwall & Charlton (Championship) then you widen the catchment area to a potential of 6 million people - six times the population of Sussex.

Hard facts for you are that compared to us your crowd sizes are poor especially taking into account your catchment area - something which your owners have stated is a problem for you.

Pound to a penny we will have a bigger average home attendance than you next season , whichever Leagues the two Clubs are in, and then the stadium wouldn't be so shiny and new.(4th season syndrome:D)

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Who are you contending with within the 5 mile radius of Selhurst ? - no-one. If you want to push out the radius to "contend" with Wimbledon (League 2) & Millwall & Charlton (Championship) then you widen the catchment area to a potential of 6 million people - six times the population of Sussex.

Hard facts for you are that compared to us your crowd sizes are poor especially taking into account your catchment area - something which your owners have stated is a problem for you.

Pound to a penny we will have a bigger average home attendance than you next season , whichever Leagues the two Clubs are in, and then the stadium wouldn't be so shiny and new.(4th season syndrome:D)

So you are trying to say that there are only one million people in Sussex?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So you have decided it was not a level playing field? but the league allowed us to finish above you and indeed UK law. Do I like that we went into administration?, no. Can I do anything about? no. Will the stats show us as finishing above you? yes. Will we therefore have finished above you? yes.
It is like saying it is not a level playing field as Uncle Tony has at least 20 billion pounds and therefore how is that fair on us? we have had the bragging rights for years and still do regardless of how we play in the premier, stop crying and live with it. All the little terms you attach to your skewed view of how the league should work will not change that fact.

Are you terminally stupid?

That's a rhetorical question.

Last edited:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
So you are trying to say that there are only one million people in Sussex?

Typical Palace, no idea, the combined population of Sussex is about 1.6 million, you should be ashamed you can't fill your ground, its a joke. Considering the size of South London you should be sold out week in week out, but lets not forget Croydon in many Londoners eyes is not "really" part of London and just something that was tagged on as the metropolis grew. The only teams I consider South London are Millwall and Charlton, Palace always has and always will be a little bit of Surrey (the horrible bit)

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

Had we been twice in administration, we would never had heard the end of it from Palace fans. Had we had all our debts written of, started again, then accumulated more debts and had them written off, we might have done better on the pitch than we have done in recent years, for the simple reason that we would not have suffered the inconvenience of having to pay our creditors what we owed them.

If owners of ours had chosen not to pay the Saint John's Ambulance, I would be deeply ashamed of them. That omission is a moral stain on CPFC2010 that will never be erased.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

That's the problem-you morons gloat incessantly about your 'superior league position' over us for 20 years whilst ignoring the fact that it was done with other people's money. Money that your morally and financially bankrupt football club didn't pay back. You spout that English Business law suggests that you did nothing wrong and that the football authorities agreed with them. What you conveniently leave out is that the football authorities allowed your scummy club to continue in its league position with no real penalty for phucking over businesses to the tune of millions of pounds. They should have done to you what they did to Maidstone and kicked you out of the league-if not the first time then certainly the second. English Business Law was by-passed by two changes of ownership that allowed 2 phoenix companies to continue as though nothing had happened.

Now, will you please phuck off and take that Littlehampton tw@t with you.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Typical !

Another Palace related thread gets ambushed by the usual suspects who want to talk about crowds and administrations !! :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Typical Palace, no idea, the combined population of Sussex is about 1.6 million, you should be ashamed you can't fill your ground, its a joke. Considering the size of South London you should be sold out week in week out, but lets not forget Croydon in many Londoners eyes is not "really" part of London and just something that was tagged on as the metropolis grew. The only teams I consider South London are Millwall and Charlton, Palace always has and always will be a little bit of Surrey (the horrible bit)

This :clap2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Typical !

Another Palace related thread gets ambushed by the usual suspects who want to talk about crowds and administrations !! :rolleyes:

Fair point. Back on topic.

Grant ? Allen ? Coleman ?

Charming has a load of talent to make his choice from.

Or perhaps - and this is the Holy Grail of possible outcomes - he'll take over the team himself ??? :lolol:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

FFS, it is like talking to a bunch of window lickers, while simultaneously trying to stop them from swallowing crayons. You quote me saying I have no idea but in the next line say I am right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here