Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Eastern - good choice of ales.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Been here a couple of times in the last few months and found a good choice of ales different from the norm you'd find in this area like Harvey's. Dark Star etc.
Went in there on Wednesday and a real treat with 2 beers from the Acorn brewery,- Barnsley gold and Warrior IPA. It.s usually hard to find ales from this excellent brewery in this part of the country.
A good little pub and although a little pricey is cheaper than the Prince George opposite.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
your right it is good, as is the Prince George who normally have 3 ballards and a dark star on i think.
prefer the food in the great eastern, had a decent chilli there

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they do a very good sunday roast too, and good cajun style grub. great little pub but can be rammed.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A brilliant award-winning pub. Beat out the rest of the UK for the Spirit Pub of the year a year or two back, the best selection of US Bourbon's and Whiskies you will find anywhere. I can recommend the Platte valley Corn whiskey or if you want to treat yourself try the Bookers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thank you for ruining my nice Sunday roasts. The place is going to be packed with whisky snobs now.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Think it was also the Racing Post's Racing Pub of the Year 3/4 years ago.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No self-respecting whisky snob would drink that American shite.

It has a decent choice of malts too.

Was in there on a Saturday night a few weeks ago and there was pretty decent Northern Soul being played

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Have boycotted it as the landlord sent me death threats when I moved to Brighton, but that was nearly 20 years ago so it's probably changed hands now so I'll give it a try.

The pub everyone's raving about these days is the Spotted Dog (formerly the Hop Poles, now reverted to its original name), it's run by the people who have the Snowdrop at Lewes and they've persuaded Greene King to relax the beer tie so they can sell decent beer rather than the filthy effluent GK make.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The pub everyone's raving about these days is the Spotted Dog (formerly the Hop Poles, now reverted to its original name), it's run by the people who have the Snowdrop at Lewes and they've persuaded Greene King to relax the beer tie so they can sell decent beer rather than the filthy effluent GK make.

Used to be the premier gay pub in Brighton in the 70s.I wonder if the clientele is a bit different these days

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Do they have a good selection of olives by any chance?

up late last night ? Did you get another dodgy Waitrose curry ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here