Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Beer Fiddle

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I can only speak for the Upper East, but did anybody else buy the Kronenburg from the outlet today.
Kronenburg has a distinctive taste, and today they were clearly selling Fosters as Kronenburg. It was weak as piss and at £4-00 a pint, and having to pay cash, so you dont get the 10% cash back, they were making a killing.
I sneaked a look at the barrel below the pumps, and the label had been removed.
Was it an error, or are they shafting us?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not saying you're wrong, but kegs aren't generally labelled. There is a plastic seal that covers the keg connector which has the name of the lager on it, or the keg is stamped. There isn't generally a sticky label.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe not Macca, but that was definately not Kronenburg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every keg that I ever sold had the name on it ie Kronenbourg or Fosters or it was incorporated in the best before date coding. That is as well as the plastic cap over the fitting.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Maybe not Macca, but that was definately not Kronenburg
It is probably a mistake, I'd be up shit street if I was caught doing that in my pub. The weights and measures chaps aren't the most understanding individuals!

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
In the rush of things a wrong barrel could have been connected. Most of the lager kegs have a similar connector. Trouble is, the plastic seal of Krony is red, and Fosters blue.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Having just looked in the cellar [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] is correct, there is a best before sticker on the top of the kegs........seems strange that they were removed.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I can only speak for the Upper East, but did anybody else buy the Kronenburg from the outlet today.
Kronenburg has a distinctive taste, and today they were clearly selling Fosters as Kronenburg. It was weak as piss and at £4-00 a pint, and having to pay cash, so you dont get the 10% cash back, they were making a killing.
I sneaked a look at the barrel below the pumps, and the label had been removed.
Was it an error, or are they shafting us?

Azure are shafting us.

Ordered 2 cheesburgers, got given 2 COLD hot dogs, took them back and the first line supervisor tried to argue, next one up decided to sort the problem ASAP. Where they can get away with it they are taking the piss. Formal letter to the club to follow as this is not a one off. Azure need sacking.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
What I got frustrated about today was the speed the staff work at. I work in a popular venue and work under a similar 15-20 minute period to serve everyone. Difference is I actually have to pull the pint to order and take the money and seem to be able to serve at almost twice the speed these guys work and the pints are already pre-poured.

I can also confirm Kegs do have a label on as well as the cap over the fitting. It also wouldn't surprised me different beer was being sold

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Azure are shafting us.

Ordered 2 cheesburgers, got given 2 COLD hot dogs, took them back and the first line supervisor tried to argue, next one up decided to sort the problem ASAP. Where they can get away with it they are taking the piss. Formal letter to the club to follow as this is not a one off. Azure need sacking.

That's shocking. Not the mistake, but that a supervisor argued any point afterwards!

They surdly need looking into. The club should do random undercover checks on their customer service and quality.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I was told when I went to get a beer that Kronenbourg wasn't being sold anymore...

Not in the concourse bars but it is allegedly on the beer stand with Harveys and Dark Star. But cash only, no swipe cards.

What is the likelihood of Weights and Measures being at one of our matches in an official capacity and find such happening, I would say less than zero.
The Trading Standards Officers that I used to drink with very regularly used to be very fond of their beer and prided themselves on their knowledge of it. The chances of at least one of them being a season ticket holder are quite high. And even an off-duty / retired Trading Standards Officer isn't to be crossed. He still has his contacts.

Not that I'm passing an opinion on the 'Was it Fosters?' question.

Not in the concourse bars but it is allegedly on the beer stand with Harveys and Dark Star. But cash only, no swipe cards.
Once again ensuring, in the North Stand Concourse, that the queue was twice as long and twice as slow-moving as it would have been if lager sales had been separated from Harveys/Hophead sales. They need to sort this out. We can't rely on a floodlight failure every week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No complaints about the Kronie in the North. Sold from the near-queue-free bar about halfway along the concourse. Kronie and Harveys and nothing else at all.
Luvverly! :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here