Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Government's Eat Out To Help Out scheme

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I had a slap-up brunch half price but had to pay full wack for a pack of mints I bought to eat later ... oh the humanity.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
This isn’t the case elsewhere though. I just looked at Hove and Etch, Spotted Pig, Wild Flor, Forager and Cin Cin immediately jumped out as higher end restaurants using this offer. In London many Michelin starred restaurants are also using it.

If I was in Hove right now, I’d be balls deep in this. I think it’s a brilliant life-line to the hospitality sector and I read this Morning Cin Cin are now fully booked all this week.,,,it’s working.

Fully booked all this week or fully booked all the cheap nights and empty all the others?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If i walk in to Mcd or KFC surely i can walk out with what i bought?

Or is this classed as a takeaway.

Take a bag with you, tell them you're eating in, put it in the bag.
Won't work at the drive through.

You have not been charged for this advice

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Those with Amex’s worth keeping out for the Shop Small deal for a further £5 off.

I reckon I can manage a main & starter at my local fave Italian for £5 [emoji106]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fully booked all this week or fully booked all the cheap nights and empty all the others?

Having re-read the post I now think they’re referring to the cheap nights. But, it’s a popular restaurant so I doubt it will be empty the other days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tip 2 - Don't order soup.

A restaurant I worked in planned to serve soup-in-the-basket; the idea fell through though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
https://www.thehandbook.com/which-l...s-are-part-of-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme/

Here you all go. If anyone needs a St John dining partner ask [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION]....but don’t be surprised if he has brought his own table cloth and his own wine glasses :lolol:

I suspect that Fergus will take the opportunity to lower his costs during this initiative. Perhaps he’ll replace the wine glasses that your nana had with those little white plastic cups with ridges on the side, typically found beside dentists’ water coolers? And replace the bouncer with a mangy Rottweiler? :wink:

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Our favourites in Burgess Hill both feature. Spiral for TexMex and Flavour Indian restaurants. Both excellent with top owners. Will definitely use this.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Went to Maccas earlier . Out of habit went to drive thru and sat outside on the grass. No discount.
Others sitting on the grass who’d paid inside - discount.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Having re-read the post I now think they’re referring to the cheap nights. But, it’s a popular restaurant so I doubt it will be empty the other days.
I think the idea is to support the less popular restaurants so am convinced people will just take advantage of the offer instead of maybe going at a weekend. This means the same number of customers over the week so no gain for the business. Could just end up being a big loss for the taxpayer but I guess time will tell

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the idea is to support the less popular restaurants so am convinced people will just take advantage of the offer instead of maybe going at a weekend. This means the same number of customers over the week so no gain for the business. Could just end up being a big loss for the taxpayer but I guess time will tell

If it’s one thing Brits love, it’s a bargain. I’m convinced this will get some extra bums on seats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It is tax payers money. If you can afford to eat out, then pay the full bill. The restaurants are still getting customers.
Jeremy Hunt has been showing off on Twitter with a £50 discount off a meal costing over £100. The replies are pointing out, his one meal is more than people on Universal Credit get to live on for a week.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It is tax payers money. If you can afford to eat out, then pay the full bill. The restaurants are still getting customers.
Jeremy Hunt has been showing off on Twitter with a £50 discount off a meal costing over £100. The replies are pointing out, his one meal is more than people on Universal Credit get to live on for a week.

He would only get up to £10 discount.
Am off to Into the Blue today lunchtime. My favourite restaurant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But equally, if you can’t afford to eat out, and you want a treat, now is your chance.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Join the queue :D

Seriously, I think you may be right, If I start taking 25 times my take pre-covid on the first 3 days of the week, I think they will smell a rat.
We open for the first time tomorrow, and, we have had a lot of inquiries over the last week where we’ve been on the premises getting everything ready, and not one has asked if we are partaking in this scheme, so, it’ll either be a flop, or a nice surprise for our customers when they only have to pay 50% of their bill.

Best of luck today :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here