The Goonerland Experience

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
gun__1357737628_emirates_stadium2.jpg

American-Express-Community-Football-Stadium-Aerial-View.jpg

Seen that mentioned a couple of times on here, but I don't really see that at all. The Emirates is a far more generic "bowl" type stadium, both inside and out, whereas the Amex has far more pleasing and original curves. The roofs of the Amex dip down almost to ground level on the north and south sides, the south in particular, which is something I've never seen at any other stadium, anywhere. Its unique.

The only thing that can draw a slight similarity is the white roof trusses. But even then ours are arches whilst theirs are just flat supports. I don't think the Emirates looks anything like the Amex.

Are they? they look exactly like ours to me. In fact the two stadia are very similar. Next you'll be telling me these two are nothing like one another....

cheeky girls.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are they? they look exactly like ours to me. In fact the two stadia are very similar. Next you'll be telling me these two are nothing like one another....

Sorry. Not having it.

I've been inside the Emirates before as well. 3 tiers, all the way round, no internal walls, no shonky roofs. Its NOTHING like the Amex whatsoever.

emirates-stadium-arsenal-sports-plain-1.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Usual shite nothing like that at all just interested in views who have been to the stadium

Bollox, it's got 'look at me' written all over it. I notice you didn't post a thread like this when we played Barnet away on 2nd Jan 1982, or on 2nd April 1994, or on 27 August 1996, or on 14 March 1998, or on 24 October 1998, or on 26 December 1999, or on 25 March 2000, or on 26 December 2000. The mention of the pre-match breakfast and statue meet was also unnecessary detail that could easily have been omitted.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So what can I expect Sunday as last time I went it was called Highbury.

Having a pre-match breakfast and Victoria then meeting a Gooner fan by the Dennis Bergkamp statue

Anyone been before as a tourist and what is it like ?

Does Victoria know about this yet and will she be thinking about Gary Hart?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry. Not having it.

I've been inside the Emirates before as well. 3 tiers, all the way round, no internal walls, no shonky roofs. Its NOTHING like the Amex whatsoever.

emirates-stadium-arsenal-sports-plain-1.jpg

From the inside, I'll grant you. But in that photo of the outside posted above? Completely the same.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
From the inside, I'll grant you. But in that photo of the outside posted above? Completely the same.

Been several times now and never crossed my mind that the two stadia are in anyway similar.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

But they're not even the same shape. The Amex has pointy ends that are lower on 2 sides, the Emirates is level and symmetrical all the way round.

Amex-Stadium-Aerial-1024x683.jpg

How ANYONE can say that looks like a mini-Emirates I have not the faintest idea. Anyway, doesn't really matter duzzit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But they're not even the same shape. The Amex has pointy ends that are lower on 2 sides, the Emirates is level and symmetrical all the way round.

Amex-Stadium-Aerial-1024x683.jpg

How ANYONE can say that looks like a mini-Emirates I have not the faintest idea. Anyway, doesn't really matter duzzit.

No, indeed. Anyway, its not what it looks like from an aeroplane that matters. I look forward to seeing what it looks like from the inside, on Sunday. As I'm in with the gooners I'll try to refrain from loudly proclaiming 'blimey, this is just like the Amex; a bit bigger, and not as nice, but otherwise just the same' :lolol:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Make sure you get interviewed for ArsenalTV post match and when you do say the following as if you were a black man and from a (Davy) proppa hood even though you're not: "Yeah, blood, it was proppa shit, bro, Wenger don't know fvcking shit, bro, ya get me blood? Bro, it was just fvcking painful blood, I ain't down with that shit no more, blood, the dim schizzle, sick as fvck, bro, ya get me blood?"

I always speak like that anyway

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bollox, it's got 'look at me' written all over it. I notice you didn't post a thread like this when we played Barnet away on 2nd Jan 1982.

Was that the FA Cup 0-0 draw ?

Oct 25, 2003
judging by the 2 times they've been to the amex, most arsenal fans these days are middle class "digital media executives" with thick rimmed glasses, finely oiled beards and a "flat white" permanently lodged in their hand

oh, and women

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
gun__1357737628_emirates_stadium2.jpg

American-Express-Community-Football-Stadium-Aerial-View.jpg

Seen that mentioned a couple of times on here, but I don't really see that at all. The Emirates is a far more generic "bowl" type stadium, both inside and out, whereas the Amex has far more pleasing and original curves. The roofs of the Amex dip down almost to ground level on the north and south sides, the south in particular, which is something I've never seen at any other stadium, anywhere. Its unique.

The only thing that can draw a slight similarity is the white roof trusses. But even then ours are arches whilst theirs are just flat supports. I don't think the Emirates looks anything like the Amex.

I was thinking more inside, particularly the concourses.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was thinking more inside, particularly the concourses.

I can't even remember the concourses there tbh, but then one concourse is much the same as any other to me.

Once you're in your seat though, its absolutely nothing like the Amex, the design and feel is completely different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here