Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Google Nexus 4 thread

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Thanks for the tip mate. All going well until I get to the last bit - 'Import from Phone'. That option just isn't there.

Grrrrr!

That was optional you may not need to do that.

Here's something you can try. Login to gmail via a browser and check your contacts. There should be a gmail drop down on the top left of the window. If all your contacts are here, you just need to synch your new phone. If they are missing, synch your old phone first

Flex Your Head

That was optional you may not need to do that.

Here's something you can try. Login to gmail via a browser and check your contacts. There should be a gmail drop down on the top left of the window. If all your contacts are here, you just need to synch your new phone. If they are missing, synch your old phone first

Thanks for your help. Got there in the end by connecting the old HTC to the laptop and transferring the data as a file which my Google account then imported in to my contact list. Or something. All working now though, so thanks again.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone got any must-have app suggestions?

Evernote. Best note taking app out there. Slick and works brilliantly syncing between devices and a pc if you've still got one!

And Swype keyboard which works better than the jelly bean version of swipe. But it should, they've been doing it for years more.

Biz calendar. More options than stock.
Pure messenger widget and k9 for email accounts including Gmail on imap.

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
So has anyone got a Nexus 4 then? Most people in this thread seem to be waiting for one.

I'm considering getting an iPhone 4 or a Nexus 4, the Nexus 4 is a fair bit cheaper though so I'm veering towards that one. Anyone have any advice? I'm upgrading from my old iPhone 3G...

Thanks!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5501227 said:
So has anyone got a Nexus 4 then? Most people in this thread seem to be waiting for one.

I'm considering getting an iPhone 4 or a Nexus 4, the Nexus 4 is a fair bit cheaper though so I'm veering towards that one. Anyone have any advice? I'm upgrading from my old iPhone 3G...

Thanks!

Can't you try the two phones you like in a dealer? Then you could see if you preferred one. I had a play about on my brothers nexus a couple of days ago and I must say I was very impressed. My phone, an HTC one x is pretty good and I've been more than happy with it but I must say the smoothness of the nexus really impressed me. The phone, although large, feels comfortable in the hand as well. If you are used to iPhone and have a lot of apps then you could maybe stick with Apple (can't believe I've just said that!) but if you want something with better features (ha!) and more customisable options then maybe android will suit.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks!

I had an iPhone up until 4S. I used Android on the Nexus 7 and was hooked instantly and bought the 4 on release. Android is a far superior operating system. It is fantastic to use. go for the Nexus 4. You will not be disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

I had an iPhone up until 4S. I used Android on the Nexus 7 and was hooked instantly and bought the 4 on release. Android is a far superior operating system. It is fantastic to use. go for the Nexus 4. You will not be disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I now have this phone and first impressions are that it is an absolutely beautiful piece of kit. I prefer it to the Galaxy S2 I had previously. For the price (£239 + £10 postage) it is an absolute bargain. I have yet to test it fully - but it is fast, responsive, clean and really easy to use.

The only negatives so far: requires a micro-sim card and does not come with headphones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here