Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Goalkeepers 2016/2017

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Rumour has it that our friends up the road are in the market for a new keeper (mooted they want Begovic from Chelsea) so that means they will be be getting rid of either Speroni, McCarthy or Hennessey. All three could do a job

Speroni = ancient
Hennessey = shit
No idea who McCarthy is.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rumour has it that our friends up the road are in the market for a new keeper (mooted they want Begovic from Chelsea) so that means they will be be getting rid of either Speroni, McCarthy or Hennessey. All three could do a job

What sort of job were you thinking of? I believe Gregg's in Churchill Square have vacancies.

Chelsea may lose Courtois, by the way, which means they're likely to keep Begovic. Hennessey has been hilariously bad for Palace this season, they're slating him after virtually every game since they started their losing run before Christmas. McCarthy played one or two games in that run, and conceded a comedy goal himself, so they hate him too.

Speroni? Jeez, he must be near retirement by now. I'd rather have Stockdale than any of them.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Are you just assuming that from the Rea/Walton quote yesterday?? Because given today's confirmation that Rea has left, I wouldn't be so sure.
I was yes but as Walton is contracted for two more years at least I suspect this is the case. Guess we'll find out in a couple of days

Surely it must be time to get rid of Ankergren, he just isn't good enough. But Maenpaa is a pretty good back up for Stockade, who had an outstanding season compared with last year.
And from what I saw of Walton, I think we should keep him. He stepped up last season when we needed him, and he was impressive for such a young keeper.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Surely it must be time to get rid of Ankergren, he just isn't good enough. But Maenpaa is a pretty good back up for Stockade, who had an outstanding season compared with last year.
And from what I saw of Walton, I think we should keep him. He stepped up last season when we needed him, and he was impressive for such a young keeper.

Nope. Staying.
No league games last season for Maenpaa. He's off.
Of course Walton is staying.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If Rea goes expect him to be in the Prem in a couple of season's time, just to follow our moved on CB's.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Really?? So Stockdale number one, Walton two and Ankergren 3? Just don't see the point personally - if we were down to our third choice keeper, we would definitely bring in a loan so why bother having Ankergren unless he is going to combine with youth coaching role of some sort?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Really?? So Stockdale number one, Walton two and Ankergren 3? Just don't see the point personally - if we were down to our third choice keeper, we would definitely bring in a loan so why bother having Ankergren unless he is going to combine with youth coaching role of some sort?

There is no loan system next season!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
1 Stockdale
2 A N Other
3 Ankergren (one year deal + kid coaching)
4 Walton (Season-long Loan(Luton?))

Maenpaa is off if the terms are right.

Dunno why I bother.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is there a season long loan option next season? Certainly thought so and that it's the emergency loans that have gone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here