Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Giant Flag Aarrangements

Ok, the flag will be going on one of the NSC coaches, so volunteers will be neeed to get the flag to and from the stadium. So if you are on the jmc expresses tommorrow, especially anyone on the lower tier, please help out and let's make a real impression.

If we take it out of the bag and walk with it sausage style over the shoulder, it's not too heavy, about five or six people will be plenty to carry it.

Also for those who have liased with the stadium are there any special arrangements in place or is it alright just to get the flag in and then have it move around to our hearts content?

I'm in the upper tier so I will not be able to carry the flag into the ground, but I'll definitely be on hand to get it to the entrance.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Whoever gets it in the ground must ensure everyone knows that the falg should be shown 15 mins before the game and at half time, and after whether we win or lose.

I am in the lower tier but am right round the other side of the North Stand block, so probably wont be able to help.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
Also for those who have liased with the stadium are there any special arrangements in place or is it alright just to get the flag in and then have it move around to our hearts content?
Just move it in - if anyone kicks up a fuss then tell them that Caroline from Garaint Evans office (Operations Manager) has given us permission and seen a copy of the safety certificate. In any case, jmc, Lord bracknell and myself are in mobile contact so we should be on hand when to get the flag in. It's all up in the air at the moment because no-one knows for sure when we're actually going to be in Cardiff (traffic, rail problems etc)

Re: Re: The Giant Flag Aarrangements

Simster said:
Just move it in - if anyone kicks up a fuss then tell them that Caroline from Garaint Evans office (Operations Manager) has given us permission and seen a copy of the safety certificate. In any case, jmc, Lord bracknell and myself are in mobile contact so we should be on hand when to get the flag in. It's all up in the air at the moment because no-one knows for sure when we're actually going to be in Cardiff (traffic, rail problems etc)

Once we arrive I'm sure it will get sorted. It's a shame we can't have it on the North Stand Upper, it would look even better there. Still it's going to look great wherever it is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Re: The Giant Flag Aarrangements

Row Z Creased Shirt said:
It's a shame we can't have it on the North Stand Upper, it would look even better there. Still it's going to look great wherever it is.
Spot on. Let's just be thankful that we've got permission at all.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agree with the sentiments about displaying it immediately after the game-win or lose.

Great effort by you guys to overturn a decision by a jobsworth:clap2:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
mendoza10 said:
the gospel according to page 5 of the evening arsegas seems to think otherwise

They got that information from North Stand Chat!!

CP 0 3 BHA and his party of twenty people will be in Block L10 - which is at the extremity of the Albion End.

He has volunteered to take delivery of the flag when it arrives at the Stadium and set it off on its journey (all the way round the Albion Lower Tier and back, if possible) at about 2.40pm.

I have his mobile number (and jmc's number) and we are planning to co-ordinate activity pre-match.

The flag needs to be delivered to the entrance for Block L10, which is (I think) Entrance 3, at the eastern side of the stadium.

And don't forget - the flag needs to be collected at the end and BROUGHT HOME!

Lord Bracknell said:
CP 0 3 BHA and his party of twenty people will be in Block L10 - which is at the extremity of the Albion End.

He has volunteered to take delivery of the flag when it arrives at the Stadium and set it off on its journey (all the way round the Albion Lower Tier and back, if possible) at about 2.40pm.

I have his mobile number (and jmc's number) and we are planning to co-ordinate activity pre-match.

The flag needs to be delivered to the entrance for Block L10, which is (I think) Entrance 3, at the eastern side of the stadium.

And don't forget - the flag needs to be collected at the end and BROUGHT HOME!

Excellent news if jmc can phone you when we get to cardiff then CP 0 3 BHA can meet the carrying party from the coach.

Can anyone cope with the flag on the way back?

Progress Report:-

Thanks to Brovian, the flag has been collected from Withdean and is now safely locked up in the store room on platform 3 of Hove Station - all ready for collection by jmc's coach party tomorrow morning.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I should be in Cardiff by half 11 as we're getting a train from Gloucester - but I do need to meet up with the rest of my group as they're arriving on various coaches and one of them has the whole group's tix.

I don't want to end up with the Giant Flag and no ticket! I'll speak to you tomorrow AM by Moby Lord B.

mendoza10 said:
the gospel according to page 5 of the evening arsegas seems to think otherwise
In fairness to the Argus, the story reflects the situation as it was in the middle of Friday.

They may well have tried to speak to the Millennium Stadium to get a comment. And the Millennium Stadium may have had several reasons for changing their mind - we know about the good work of Gareth Glover and Simster. Possibly, just possibly, the fact that the Argus were on the case might have helped as well.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here