Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Unfortunate gaffes like calling black people "piccaninnies with water melon smiles"? Or comparing Islamic women to letterboxes?

Unfortunate gaffes like calling Mexicans rapists, inferring that John McCain, who was tortured as a POW wasn't a war hero, or that you can just grab women by the pussy?

Your correct. But you know as well as I do that certain sections of society will be all over a gaffe like that. I imagine that she's made some very powerful people very pissed off, who would love to see her fall from grace.

D

Deleted member 2719

Just dipping my toe in.

Has it all calmed down on here now we know we have a substantial majority in parliament?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
And that's relevant to this conversation, how?

I know that Alt-Right / Right = Brexit support = Climate Change Denial = Hate for Greta.

Why do YOU dislike her, just out of interest?

I read somewhere that people turn to the alt-right and conspiracy theories because they don't possess the ability to critically analyse their current and changing surroundings.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I read somewhere that people turn to the alt-right and conspiracy theories because they don't possess the ability to critically analyse their current and changing surroundings.

Yet again a thinly veiled accusation that voters are stupid. It may also be because the conspiracy theories provide structure to a view already held. In the same way you may buy a newspaper because of its political bias. This also happens on the internet with the ‘echo chambers’ on all sides.
Let’s face it, conspiracy theories exist on all sides of the argument. Labour indulged in ‘selling off the NHS’ sourced by documents not actually saying that. As a by the by a lot of the NHS has already been privatized (tendering) ...that ship sailed with the internal market.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just dipping my toe in.

Has it all calmed down on here now we know we have a substantial majority in parliament?

Its all the love in since the Conservatives increased their share of the vote by 1.3%. Trust me Boris is bringing the whole country together whether you're English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish.

D

Deleted member 2719

No chance lol.

Blimey, what have they got to complain about this time?

Its all the love in since the Conservatives increased their share of the vote by 1.3%. Trust me Boris is bringing the whole country together whether you're English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish.

Come on Nicko, we can unite, it's no good for you to keep bashing your head against a wall for another 5 years.

If Labour put Nandy in you stand a chance next election, Starmer is a smug **** with zero personality, and the other ladies all posses too much testosterone.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
The usual climate change deniers (AKA don’t a fu*ck about anyone else or the planet), getting rather excited in bitching about a caring 16 year old. Nasty and weird behaviour by ‘grown’ men.

Even more weird is the grown men who worship her.

Most of us pay no attention to the militant environmental lobby and look to enjoy life.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even more weird is the grown men who worship her.

Most of us pay no attention to the militant environmental lobby and look to enjoy life.

The vast majority of people love life, but also care about man’s destruction of the planet and are positive about all the steps being taken.

Greta’s passion and that of David Attenborough are an inspiration to many, except a few dinosaurs apparently ‘enjoying life to the full’.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And that's relevant to this conversation, how?

I know that Alt-Right / Right = Brexit support = Climate Change Denial = Hate for Greta.

Why do YOU dislike her, just out of interest?

Don't dislike her at all,she is a source of great amusement to me.Supposed grown-ups fawning over school-age children is what I dislike.And Greta didn't think up the sitting on the floor of the train herself I bet.

And it's relevant to this conversation as a blatant example of hypocrisy coming from a non-Tory.Did I ask you to stick your oar in?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Greta Thunberg is a weird one. Totally respect her for getting off her arse and standing up for her beliefs, but the angry teenager style of delivery is a bit irritating and ultimately she's just someone's puppet.

I hope for her sake she's getting decent support for being the public face of all environmentalists and all the baggage that goes with it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
[tweet]1205859214360481792[/tweet]

[tweet]1206328379152195584[/tweet]

The hate that they show is truly alarming, though sadly not surprising. I could just about forgive the young girl, who still has much to learn about life and may then make more rational decisions once the realities of life kick in, but that old witch -that is just something else.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The hate that they show is truly alarming, though sadly not surprising. I could just about forgive the young girl, who still has much to learn about life and may then make more rational decisions once the realities of life kick in, but that old witch -that is just something else.

Im thinking the young girl who wants to be an NHS doctor and wishes a horrible death on someone has slightly conflicting ideals :smile:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I recommend you go to the Titania McGrath twitter account, look at several of her comments and then reflect on whether it is serious comment or a spoof collection of rather poor jokes....... s/he gotcha!

...and I am not surprised.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I recommend you go to the Titania McGrath twitter account, look at several of her comments and then reflect on whether it is serious comment or a spoof collection of rather poor jokes....... s/he gotcha!

Ummm its a well known spoof account.......the videos of idiots being ridiculous however,are the real joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here