Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How about internet sales tax of 2.5%, only way to avoid is make an store purchase

you understand that this would only be enforceable if we leave the EU? currently we buy something from Amazon Luxembourg, neither sale or revenue is recognised in UK for tax purposes.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not favouring any party, but just an indication of the sort of representation the common man gets from the Tory party...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50501097

I understand there are probably precedence for these sort of things, but seriously, take a human stance rather than a corporate government one. These people had their child mown down by the wife of a diplomat, who then ****ed off out of the country, leaving them to suffer!

The nasty party. Show some compassion...!

A party should always be judged by its actions, and not its promises - this tells you a lot about our current governing party.

Dominic Raab, the history of compassion. First 2 minutes tells you all you need to know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ynpIUTRftM

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh dont be pathetic.

Change things gradually over time, not some big bang have-some-of-that-you-rich-******** policy. Things can change, but this proposed way is not the right one imo.

You really are a pillock, if Labour don't get elected this time and Boris gets his way, in four years time the Labour policies will have to be even more extreme in order to reverse another 4 years of Tory damage. Change has to start now however hard it may look for our beloved and benevolent corporations. 5th biggest economy in the world apparently,and it is time for fairness.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
James O'Brien

:tosser::lolol::dunce:

...any contribution to make about his Brexit analysis or do you prefer, like some Brexit supporters on here to have a personal, unsupported go at the messenger rather than a carefully considered, thoughtful criticism of the message?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You really are a pillock, if Labour don't get elected this time and Boris gets his way, in four years time the Labour policies will have to be even more extreme in order to reverse another 4 years of Tory damage. Change has to start now however hard it may look for our beloved and benevolent corporations. 5th biggest economy in the world apparently,and it is time for fairness.

Hear hear.

I'm minded to remember all the Leavers I have heard over the last 3 years...

Putting the Great back in Britain
We can stand on our own 2 feet
We are need to have more confidence in ourselves
We have the talent and drive to succeed out of the EU
etc.

A party then puts forward a transformative exciting programme of change, education for all, a healthcare system to truly be fit for purpose, utilities and infrastructure back in public ownership, democratically accountable, owned by us, not foreign state bodies. And yet we shrink from thinking we can make our economy work for all. We cower at the possibility that we are able to invest and create an equitable society model. People showing such little ambition as to what the country could be. Surely not another 4 or 5 years of the same old shit we've had for the last 10.

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Yup. An across the board sales tax would just be passed onto the consumer. Has to be a combination of profit and turnover somehow.

https://www.taxjustice.net/2019/11/21/a-historic-day-for-unitary-taxation/

The second part of the blog looks into the Labour proposals and how/why this can be introduced uniltaterally by the UK at the same time as supporting the group of countries pushing a fair, unitary taxation proposal globally.

In essense the approach proposed is to treat these global companies as single entities (rather than each country subsidary being treated as a separate company for tax purposes) and then split the right to tax their global profits based on a formula that includes turnover, profit, sales, assets and number of employees, in each country. The current system no longer works. Really, it hasn't been working for a long time, but as long as it was only poor countries that the big companies were screwing over nobody cared. Once the likes of amazon, google etc started doing it to us...then we suddenly decide action is needed. Ho hum.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Hear hear.

I'm mind to remember all the Leavers I have heard over the last 3 years...

Putting the Great back in Britain
We can stand on our own 2 feet
We are need to have more confidence in ourselves
We have the talent and drive to succeed out of the EU
etc.

A party then puts forward a transformative exciting programme of change, education for all, a healthcare system to truly be fit for purpose, utilities and infrastructure back in public ownership, democratically accountable, owned by us, not foreign state bodies. And yet we shrink from thinking we can make our economy work for all. We cower at the possibility that we are able to invest and create an equitable society model. People showing such little ambition as to what the country could be. Surely not another 4 or 5 years of the same old shit we've had for the last 10.

The problem is, you've taken out of the equation the "I'm all right Jack" mentality that has been created in this country over the last 30 years or so.

Bit like turkeys voting for Christmas people aren't going to vote for a party they perceive to make them, individually, poorer, even if these very same policies may benefit them in the long term...

Short sighted short termism...I'm all right Jack!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I'm a pillock for thinking that making the UK an unattractive place for companies to do business is going to have a very damaging long term effect on this country?
Thanks.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
EF175981-6A3C-4F08-9B2D-C55E1A207539.jpeg

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'm a pillock for thinking that making the UK an unattractive place for companies to do business is going to have a very damaging long term effect on this country?
Thanks.

They won't go.

Not because of any tax proposals anyway.

Show me any reliable evidence that tax policy has an impact one way or another or the decisions that multinational companies take in terms of moving in, or out, of a country?

They say it does (why wouldn't they) but its just a lobbying tool. The evidence is that it make so little difference as to be irrelevant.

Same applies to wealthy individuals.

Real (eg not setting up in a country on paper for profit shifting purposes) investment decisions are based on stability, infrastructure, access to markets, skilled workforce etc. Not on tax.

The Tories running down our country, our health system, our education system, creating instability and division...and of course the threat of Brexit. That is what will put genuine investors off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here