Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
2nd Tory candidate suspended this week for anti semitism , but it's only Labour who are anti semitic ???

[tweet]1197126246351736834[/tweet]

Good that they have acted so swiftly, antisemitism should be exposed and stamped out wherever it's found ... just need another few hundred examples plus Jewish Tory Mp's continually complaining of antisemitism in their party going unchecked with some of them needing protection then quitting and a Jewish movement describing them as institutionally antisemitic and the humans rights commission investigating them and the Jewish mainstream press saying they are a threat to Jewish life in the UK then they might be nearly as bad as the Labour party.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Indeed ...

Labour is proposing to negotiate a new deal with the European Union. This deal would involve us adhering closely to the rules of the single market and being a member of the customs union. Labour would then put this to voters in a referendum, with the alternative being Remain.

When pressed on how they might vote in this referendum, it’s party policy not to give an answer. And hardly surprising because if they did answer it would reveal how pointless and hollow the choice really is.

Who on earth would choose this new deal? The Electoral Commission is charged by law with ensuring that any referendum question is framed in a way that makes it clear what is being asked. May I suggest to them that Labour’s referendum might be phrased like this:

“The government has decided that Britain is going to follow the rules and trade policy of the European Union. Would you prefer to do this with a vote on the EU’s policies or without one?”

Labour always bridles at the term second referendum and you know what, they’re right. This isn’t really a second referendum at all. It’s just a more faffy, dithery and deceitful form of the Liberal Democrat revoke policy.

They say they are going to negotiate the “best deal” and then put it to the people, but it’s only the “best deal” in the eyes of Remainers. And the rest of us wouldn’t vote for it anyway because it is so obviously not as good as remaining. Leavers will have been treated with contempt, their opinion sought but then discarded.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/labours-brexit-policy-is-simply-dishonest-69q6fvzc6

Who would campaign for Labours 'best deal' in a second referendum? The Shadow Foreign Secretary, Brexit Secretary and Home Secretary all have said they would campaign for Remain, the vast majority of Labour MP's back Remain, the Labour membership is overwhelmingly remain, the Tories wouldn't back it, Farage/Brexit party wouldn't back it .... what sort of grade A **** would think that's an acceptable democratic choice? (rhetorical question obviously)

If only Boris & Co. had campaigned honestly in the first referendum, about a customs arrangement between NI and Ireland, about it being a hard Brexit, with little ties to our existing markets and a rejection of common policies such as workers rights. Leave campaign known to have lied, broken electoral rules, broken funding rules.

In fact, we know the leave campaign strategically ensured they rarely mentioned the customs union, and particularly how it would impact NI. Michael Gove also said:

“There is a free trade zone stretching from Iceland to Turkey that all European nations have access to, regardless of whether they are in or out of the euro or EU. After we vote to leave we will remain in this zone.
“The suggestion that Bosnia, Serbia, Albania and the Ukraine would stay part of this free trade area - and Britain would be on the outside with just Belarus - is as credible as Jean-Claude Juncker joining UKIP.
“Agreeing to maintain this continental free trade zone is the simple course and emphatically in everyone’s interests.”

Of course, Turkey is in a partial customs union with the EU, but none of the other countries mentioned by Mr Gove are. More evidence of the deceit at work during the campaign.

The Leave campaign should have been straight at the time of the first referendum of what Brexit would look like. They weren't, no good complaining now about Labour who are spelling out what their deal would look like as they did in 2017.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
We all knew it.

Weirdly, i didn't.

Despite my lefty bias, and deep rooted hatred of johnson, i had it as more or less a (fairly dull) tie.

was suprised when i saw how far it seemed to be perceived (beyond yougov, bbc and itv) in corbyn's favour as i thought he missed a few open goals and fluffed a couple of lines.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Good that they have acted so swiftly, antisemitism should be exposed and stamped out wherever it's found ... just need another few hundred examples plus Jewish Tory Mp's continually complaining of antisemitism in their party going unchecked with some of them needing protection then quitting and a Jewish movement describing them as institutionally antisemitic and the humans rights commission investigating them and the Jewish mainstream press saying they are a threat to Jewish life in the UK then they might be nearly as bad as the Labour party.

Maybe you should ensure former Tory Party Chairperson Baroness Warsi is worrying unnecessarily...

"Tory peer warns of racism ‘at every level’ of party after latest dossier of racism"

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?376151-The-General-Election-Thread&p=9142916&viewfull=1#post9142916

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Vote Conservative. Because the people who deserve to have money taken from them aren't millionaires but grieving parents.

[TWEET]1197140022224445440[/TWEET]

Modern compassionate Tories

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If only Boris & Co. had campaigned honestly in the first referendum, about a customs arrangement between NI and Ireland, about it being a hard Brexit, with little ties to our existing markets and a rejection of common policies such as workers rights. Leave campaign known to have lied, broken electoral rules, broken funding rules.

In fact, we know the leave campaign strategically ensured they rarely mentioned the customs union, and particularly how it would impact NI. Michael Gove also said:

“There is a free trade zone stretching from Iceland to Turkey that all European nations have access to, regardless of whether they are in or out of the euro or EU. After we vote to leave we will remain in this zone.
“The suggestion that Bosnia, Serbia, Albania and the Ukraine would stay part of this free trade area - and Britain would be on the outside with just Belarus - is as credible as Jean-Claude Juncker joining UKIP.
“Agreeing to maintain this continental free trade zone is the simple course and emphatically in everyone’s interests.”

Of course, Turkey is in a partial customs union with the EU, but none of the other countries mentioned by Mr Gove are. More evidence of the deceit at work during the campaign.

The Leave campaign should have been straight at the time of the first referendum of what Brexit would look like. They weren't, no good complaining now about Labour who are spelling out what their deal would look like as they did in 2017.

Numerous Leave campaigners made clear we would have the ability to strike our own trade deals which is impossible if we stay in the customs union, also 'taking back control' isn't compatible with following EU regulations and rules without a veto but that isn't the point. Labours second referendum would be a fix with only one campaign having any real support, who would campaign in favour of Labour's best deal?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Numerous Leave campaigners made clear we would have the ability to strike our own trade deals which is impossible if we stay in the customs union, also 'taking back control' isn't compatible with following EU regulations and rules without a veto but that isn't the point. Labours second referendum would be a fix with only one campaign having any real support, who would campaign in favour of Labour's best deal?

Well we already know 273 MPs voted for Ken Clarke's Customs Union in the indicative votes, that was only 13 less than voted for May's deal when she had the DUP onside. The biggest fear for Leavers is they don't get Brexit, well, maybe speak to Boris about that. His deal could have got through if he agreed to a confirmatory vote, or gave Parliament more time to read the deal and have a second reading. He pulled it because he knew the confirmatory vote had the numbers and he didn't want to risk it, so has chosen a GE as a better route, but at the same time risking Labour's Customs Union deal and a confirmatory vote anyway. Johnson has put Leavers in this situation, no one else.

For those that want Brexit, look no further than Boris who could have taken his 'amazing deal', as he delighted in telling us last night, back to the public and let us decide how amazing it was, which would get the 52% again at least because those like you believe the Leave campaign was all truthful and up front, so there would be no risk would there!?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I guess Luciana Berger et al will now quit the Lib Dems

[tweet] 1197168285122473985[/tweet]

Unsurprising to see a (plastic) Corbynista indulging in cheap point-scoring/false equivalence against a Jewish MP who has received vile antisemitic abuse and numerous threats resulting in numerous convictions over a long period including while pregnant.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Raab's defence of the Tories on their Ministry of Truth launch last night

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1197060916811976705

"No-one gives a toss about the social media cut and thrust"....except half the population Dom

Capture.JPG

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Indeed ...

Labour is proposing to negotiate a new deal with the European Union. This deal would involve us adhering closely to the rules of the single market and being a member of the customs union. Labour would then put this to voters in a referendum, with the alternative being Remain.

When pressed on how they might vote in this referendum, it’s party policy not to give an answer. And hardly surprising because if they did answer it would reveal how pointless and hollow the choice really is.

Who on earth would choose this new deal? The Electoral Commission is charged by law with ensuring that any referendum question is framed in a way that makes it clear what is being asked. May I suggest to them that Labour’s referendum might be phrased like this:

“The government has decided that Britain is going to follow the rules and trade policy of the European Union. Would you prefer to do this with a vote on the EU’s policies or without one?”

Labour always bridles at the term second referendum and you know what, they’re right. This isn’t really a second referendum at all. It’s just a more faffy, dithery and deceitful form of the Liberal Democrat revoke policy.

They say they are going to negotiate the “best deal” and then put it to the people, but it’s only the “best deal” in the eyes of Remainers. And the rest of us wouldn’t vote for it anyway because it is so obviously not as good as remaining. Leavers will have been treated with contempt, their opinion sought but then discarded.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/labours-brexit-policy-is-simply-dishonest-69q6fvzc6

Who would campaign for Labours 'best deal' in a second referendum? The Shadow Foreign Secretary, Brexit Secretary and Home Secretary all have said they would campaign for Remain, the vast majority of Labour MP's back Remain, the Labour membership is overwhelmingly remain, the Tories wouldn't back it, Farage/Brexit party wouldn't back it .... what sort of grade A **** would think that's an acceptable democratic choice? (rhetorical question obviously)

Are you volunteering JCFG?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Unsurprising to see a (plastic) Corbynista indulging in cheap point-scoring/false equivalence against a Jewish MP who has received vile antisemitic abuse and numerous threats resulting in numerous convictions over a long period including while pregnant.

Apparently these types of comments are only antisemetic if Labour are caught.

the irony of "point scoring" is laughable.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I m going to show my ignorance now, and there is no side to thus, I'm curious.

If we can't strike our own trade deals in the EU, how come we sell arms to Saudi Arabia, for example, and I can buy New Zealand lanb, Uruguayan beef and bananas from the West Indies?
I know that until very recently the EU had no trade deal with Uruguay, so, educate me, how come?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I m going to show my ignorance now, and there is no side to thus, I'm curious.

If we can't strike our own trade deals in the EU, how come we sell arms to Saudi Arabia, for example, and I can buy New Zealand lanb, Uruguayan beef and bananas from the West Indies?
I know that until very recently the EU had no trade deal with Uruguay, so, educate me, how come?

This might enlighten.....

Capture.JPG

Over 3 years on here now and no Brexiter has provided a compelling trade opportunity which will dwarfs what we already have

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This might enlighten.....

View attachment 117383

Over 3 years on here now and no Brexiter has provided a compelling trade opportunity which will dwarfs what we already have

I knew it was quite a large number of countries that we had arrangements with, didn't realise it was quite that large. I see we have no trade deal with the Saudis, how do we get round that, to illegally sell them arms.

Jan 30, 2008
ha ha ha, all the bed wetters are out in force i see , you've go to go with what you've got and Boris will be the man ,no need for frilly bullshit anymore it's all about the ballot box............ be seeing you
regards
DF

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
ha ha ha, all the bed wetters are out in force i see , you've go to go with what you've got and Boris will be the man ,no need for frilly bullshit anymore it's all about the ballot box............ be seeing you
regards
DF

You only like Johnson cos he makes you seem intelligent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here