• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Free dental check ups today, Labour are going to spend us into a massive debt if this carries on

We already have massive debt. Massive debt that has grown significantly under the Tories, I believe.

IMG-20191117-WA0002.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What a bad policy. Can not possibly have the poor having internet now can we.

Nobody has suggested the poor being given internet access ….. for free …. is a bad thing. But this Labour policy is to give EVERYONE ( regardless of means - both individuals and rich businesses ) free internet access. It's an off the cuff policy with no understanding of either the telecoms industry nor the technical challenges to achieve it. As an example I managed a project to install a leased line internet connection to a remote Scottish hotel. It took Openreach over two years to deliver the cable because the hotel was 30 miles from the exchange ( as the crow flies ). Openreach had to get permission from two councils for them to do the dig including the use of road restrictions. They also had to cross three plots of land that were privately owned meaning legal agreements with three landowners. One of which was the Church of England ( not sure why they own land in Scotland though ! ). The Church were not happy and it took nearly a year and thousands of pounds in legal fees to sort it.

The point being, Labour have made a promise and don't understand the true scale and costs of doing it. £20bn is a drop in the ocean to the real cost.

As for this part of your second post "Will you now ban me from this thread?" - pathetic !!!!!!

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ok-group-advises-party-Holocaust-deniers.html

SHOCKING-You thought we’d reached the bottom of the swamp? You thought there was nothing left that could shock us? You thought that the worst had already been revealed?

Think again.....

(Huge respect, thanks and admiration to GnasherJew and Labour Against Antisemitism for their remarkable work on this)

“Labour Election candidate ran secret Facebook group which advises party 'Holocaust deniers' how to beat charges of antisemitism”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ok-group-advises-party-Holocaust-deniers.html

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Because Boris wouldn't waste pubic money on stupid things? Like a garden bridge, or American skirt
Exactly. Boris is responsible for such cluster****ery, yet he’ll still win and the Corbynistas will stick their head in the sand and fail to recognise that their messiah is actually seen as a terrible option as leader.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nobody has suggested the poor being given internet access ….. for free …. is a bad thing. But this Labour policy is to give EVERYONE ( regardless of means - both individuals and rich businesses ) free internet access. It's an off the cuff policy with no understanding of either the telecoms industry nor the technical challenges to achieve it. As an example I managed a project to install a leased line internet connection to a remote Scottish hotel. It took Openreach over two years to deliver the cable because the hotel was 30 miles from the exchange ( as the crow flies ). Openreach had to get permission from two councils for them to do the dig including the use of road restrictions. They also had to cross three plots of land that were privately owned meaning legal agreements with three landowners. One of which was the Church of England ( not sure why they own land in Scotland though ! ). The Church were not happy and it took nearly a year and thousands of pounds in legal fees to sort it.

The point being, Labour have made a promise and don't understand the true scale and costs of doing it. £20bn is a drop in the ocean to the real cost.

As for this part of your second post "Will you now ban me from this thread?" - pathetic !!!!!!

Indeed, another example .... some bloke on twitter has apparently discovered a glaring error in Labours 230million a year operating cost figures. They are out by a factor of three a more accurate yearly cost being 690 million. :facepalm:

[tweet]1195406354065821700[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I am not familiar with any Indyrefs; however, I do agree that compromise and middle ground have, as you say, become so quaint.
I said in another post that the older I get, the more I believe that some kind of PR arrangement may be the way forward.
I am no keen student of politics and I know that system is not perfect either, but it may be better than the horrific bollocks we seem to go through these days.:thumbsup:

Indyref1 = The 2014 Scottish independence referendum. It was toxic, divisive, with no middle ground, everyone had an opinion on it, things could be just dismissed as #projectfear (a fact ignored when repeated in 2016) heart ruled over head, people arguing the cost to independence became shocked at their own impotence as the persuasiveness of hard economics went nowhere, friendships were stretched, families divided, societal demarcation occurred, celebrity endorsement (which like it or not will be a key factor in the 21st century) became a part of it, 'winners' and 'losers' and the rise of absoluteism with no consensus and compromise occurred, threats and abuse became commonplace, old wounds, in the form of the sectarian divide, reopened.................

Having observed all that though, that old Etonian David William Donald 'won' his game of Russian roulette and fancied another in 2016 against his chum from school Alexander Boris de Pfeffel, and here we all are in 2019 as a result..............

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Free dental check ups today, Labour are going to spend us into a massive debt if this carries on

If they do this alongside an economy tanking Brexit, we’ll all be ****ed. A lot of these spending promises (including the billions that the Tories want to splash) will have to be put on the back burner when we leave.

At least Labour will tell us they are paying for these spending policies by taxing the **** out of international corporations, the top 1% and private schools. How will the Tories pay for all their spending promises? Why worry about detail with Boris when Corbyn is painted as such a villain by the billionaires who run the right wing press?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

SHOCKING-You thought we’d reached the bottom of the swamp? You thought there was nothing left that could shock us? You thought that the worst had already been revealed?

Think again.....

(Huge respect, thanks and admiration to GnasherJew and Labour Against Antisemitism for their remarkable work on this)

“Labour Election candidate ran secret Facebook group which advises party 'Holocaust deniers' how to beat charges of antisemitism”

Wasting your time, most Corbyn supporters probably think reading the Mail is worse than antisemitism ..

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed, another example .... some bloke on twitter has apparently discovered a glaring error in Labours 230million a year operating cost figures. They are out by a factor of three a more accurate yearly cost being 690 million. :facepalm:

https://twitter.com/staylorish/status/1195406354065821700?s=20

No problems at least you don't just mainly post twitter drivel on here :thumbsup:

Almost as good as twitter ....

Ah, yet another twitter link I can see why you're so well informed.

I see you're definitely not for turning :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Indyref1 = The 2014 Scottish independence referendum. It was toxic, divisive, with no middle ground, everyone had an opinion on it, things could be just dismissed as #projectfear (a fact ignored when repeated in 2016) heart ruled over head, people arguing the cost to independence became shocked at their own impotence as the persuasiveness of hard economics went nowhere, friendships were stretched, families divided, societal demarcation occurred, celebrity endorsement (which like it or not will be a key factor in the 21st century) became a part of it, 'winners' and 'losers' and the rise of absoluteism with no consensus and compromise occurred, threats and abuse became commonplace, old wounds, in the form of the sectarian divide, reopened.................

Having observed all that though, that old Etonian David William Donald 'won' his game of Russian roulette and fancied another in 2016 against his chum from school Alexander Boris de Pfeffel, and here we all are in 2019 as a result..............

Having observed all that though, that old Marxist Jeremy Bernard Corbyn will most likely need to jump into bed with the SNP to get a majority promising them another Scottish Independence referendum as the price and promises we will have another EU referendum in 2020 ......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This post stood out for me :

View attachment 117226

You really need to stop taking Twitter as gospel truth. I'll stick to the figures on the Parliament website thank you that are audited ..... rather than some random post on Twitter.

Over simplistic to say the least. Perfect for a Twitter post :lol:

With a wild stab in the dark I'd suggest Twitter. She seems to think it's the bringer of truth and fact :facepalm:

:lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Having observed all that though, that old Marxist Jeremy Bernard Corbyn will most likely need to jump into bed with the SNP to get a majority promising them another Scottish Independence referendum as the price and promises we will have another EU referendum in 2020 ......

As neither Scottish independence or Brexit are going away anytime in the next 10+ years thanks to the *****ing Tories opening Pandora's box, at least he's being honest.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I thought one of the reasons why no-one will ever buy BT is the massive pension deficit so therefore if Jezza wins and part-privatises it the UK Government will no doubt pick up that pension deficit tab as well

I would imagine the government would only pick up part of the deficit. Remember it's not an Openreach only deficit - BT Wholesale, BT Global Service, BT Retail etc also own part of it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

You're a very sad lonely man clearly. Now go and look at the OR accounts and you'll see that particular post is true - many aren't. Always back up a Twitter post with hard evidence - then you can believe it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You're a very sad lonely man clearly. Now go and look at the OR accounts and you'll see that particular post is true - many aren't. Always back up a Twitter post with hard evidence - then you can believe it.

Reverting to insulting remainers with no provocation ? Most unlike you :facepalm:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry for the delay in responding, I had a busy day yesterday because of the lack of football :rolleyes:

In your reply to [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] you talked of him being somewhat sheltered from the financial lunacy of the left, being a Uni lecturer with a secure pension, and yourself being rather more exposed, so I assumed that you don't see yourself in such a sheltered or advantageous position.

All economic predictions for Brexit have the UK economy taking an almighty hit, from a customs union through to the full 'no deal'. The predicted impact on the economy really makes the spending plans of all parties pale into insignificance (which are pure guesswork as nobody has released a manifesto yet :facepalm:). The simple fact is that every party of whatever colour needs a healthy economy to implement their political aims.

There is no doubt that a conservative majority will mean that Johnson will go for the harder end of the Brexit scale and this (together with tax cuts for high earners and businesses) means that that vast majority at the lower end economically will suffer badly, exactly the same way as in the last 10 years of Austerity. (Even when we were 'all in it together' !).

Now, even with the smallest of majorities and the softest of Brexits, the numbers who will gain, will be a very small as a proportion of the country. Certainly not a big enough proportion to ensure a University lecturer with a secure pension would gain from Johnson in power.

Therefor, Johnson, JRM and Cummings are completely dependant on people who are not so well off voting to make themselves poorer, something they have been very successful with up to now.

(And a Jaguar XJ is much nicer when it's raining :wink:)

That's correct.

I have to say that although my pension is, on paper, secure, it is secure only until it ceases to be so. The changes triggered by the 'shortfall' mean that my younger colleagues have lost 40% of the value of their pensions in the last 5 years.

Let's not forget that 'shortfall' is a symptom of the economy not working. My pension has been exhibiting shortfall for the entire time to rories have been in power. Despite years of austerity, they have failed to fix the economy. I am not confident my pension will end up what it should be.

Moreover I am somewhat surprised that F implies that I am prepared to support Corbyn, knowing that he will ruin the economy for the young, safe in the warm glow of my pension pot.

This election is not about how bad Corbyn might be. It is about how bad Boris is. We can see what he's like - because he's in charge now.

Going back to the austerity and economic mismanagement by 10 years' of tory government, everyone from Hitler through Roosevelt to MacMillan recognised that massive public spending is the only way out of a slump and decline like we have had. Giving tax cuts for white van man and school run mum won't turn round the economy.

Boris is the biggest and most corrupt old fraud of a leader this nation has seen since Lloyd George. Fancy getting caught out trying to flog honours to chums of Farrage (on the radio right now). And fancy nailing yourself to a Brexit mast simply because you calculate that a greater proportion of the folk likely to vote leave are likely to still feel strongly about this than the proportion of those who voted remain (and it took him till the eleventh hour to make up his mind which side had the most support - if that isn't a disgrace I don't know what is).

So, anyone favouring this utter charalatan over labour, disregarding his contempt for other people, his own wives, his own colleagues and, of course, the electorate, prepared to run with any lie till he's caught out, then run with another lie, smirking about it.....wake and smell the coffee people.

Corbyn may accidentally **** us all over. Voting for that has to be preferable to voting for someone who is quite happy to **** us all over, so long as he can swank about like lord Fauntleroy, grazing on doe-eyed totty, spilling his wine on the sofa and sniggering with his dodgy pals.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If they do this alongside an economy tanking Brexit, we’ll all be ****ed. A lot of these spending promises (including the billions that the Tories want to splash) will have to be put on the back burner when we leave.

Government spending is exactly what we need if the economy goes into recession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here