Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Take away diving and weightlifting and you almost reduce the Chinese gold medal tally in half.

Not a sporing nation in my opinion. A training regime based on fear, intimidation and classless
bullying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Take away diving and weightlifting and you almost reduce the Chinese gold medal tally in half.
I haven't watched any weightlifting - while I think it's a good sport, I can't imagine there are many clean winners.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Not a sporing nation in my opinion. A training regime based on fear, intimidation and classless
bullying.

And don't forget: systematic and institutionalised drug cheating. In sport, having a physicality gives an advantage. Some regional groups (I'm avoiding using race or nation, here, as the descriptor, because it is inaccurate - not all Europeans are the same - the Dutch ar unusually tall, for example, and what exactly are the Dutch?) are bigger and stronger. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Chinese are not conspicuously big and strong. Set physicality aside, what makes winners are diet, money (for training and feather bedding) and drugs. Lots of drugs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven't watched any weightlifting - while I think it's a good sport, I can't imagine there are many clean winners.

But there are a few jerks (clean and jerk - geddit????). I'll get our coats :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone staying up for Mo ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Come on Mo!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Get in. Job done. Good night.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ran that race to perfection. Congratulations Mo, that was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot (2).png

Night everyone...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice run by the girls relay team there too...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Amazing running from Mo.

The American (Kenyan) skeleton that was chasing Mo looked as fast as Mo, but Mo won because of his brilliant tactics. Chelimo was stuck behind, bumped into, and had to keep sprinting round others.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We also saw the nadir of the Games last night, the women's high jump won with 1m 97 by a 37 year old Spaniard, a height beaten by even heptathlon athletes including our own KJT. Maybe she should enter the high jump in Tokyo 2020?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shall we discuss intersex athletes competing as women, despite having testicles?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here