The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
A nice Sussex connection with the GB Ladies hockey team, as Sophie Bray, Laura Unsworth & Maddie Hinch all play for East Grinstead Hockey Club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brownlees SERIOUSLY impressive. Incredible athletes.

That quote about their training times: FIVE repetitions of 2:05m 800m runs, with a one minute rest in between. Astonishing

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Brothers Gold and Silver, MAGNIFICENT. Well played Sirs.

gold-medal-smiley-emoticon.gif silver-medal-smiley-emoticon.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed-WTF is that all about?
People would bite gold to check it's real (softer than many other metals). Looks a bit naff when an Olympian does it IMO. The medals aren't real gold anyway (silver, coated in gold apparently).

Anyway...

Brownlees :bowdown:

Incredible.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
People would bite gold to check it's real (softer than many other metals). Looks a bit naff when an Olympian does it IMO. The medals aren't real gold anyway (silver, coated in gold apparently).

Anyway...

Brownlees :bowdown:

Incredible.

Just out of interest Triggaaar woild you (like myself) prefer an actually Gold medal even if it was small say 50p size ? Just a punt.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
GCCM,no doubt we are "little endlanders'' who are unable to see the bigger picture. Little thing like Free Thinking,Independance,Justice,and the list goes on.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Annoyingly, Yorkshire are 17th in the medal table.
I saw table yesterday which claimed a bunch of stuff for Yorkshire. Almost half the names on the list were not from it nor were based there now. Seems like a LOT of exaggeration is going on. Almost delusional sense of their place in the world. Reminds me of a couple of football teams up there...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports