The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Olympic Record for GB to kick off the Men's Team Sprint in the Velodrome.

I was lucky enough to get tickets to see the Team Sprints in London - what a day, can't believe it was 4 years ago already!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Olympic Record for GB to kick off the Men's Team Sprint in the Velodrome.

I was lucky enough to get tickets to see the Team Sprints in London - what a day, can't believe it was 4 years ago already!

You got a right result there as velodrome tickets were highly sought after.

We got handball tickets and watched the men's road race and both time trials too (for free, as is the way with road racing :) ).

Not sure I could handle watching track cycling live myself. Aside from it being the poor relation to the road, for me, I wouldn't be able to handle the heat in an indoor velodrome either.

Women just this minute broke the WR in team sprint :clap2:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The velodrome kicks off tomorrow, but sadly, for the first time in 8 years, it'll not the medal haul saviour.

Early days, but probably worth a bounce...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You got a right result there as velodrome tickets were highly sought after.

Yep, got very lucky - my day off happened to co-incide with when some Velodrome tickets were released first-come, first-served - I didn't hesitate, obviously.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Always forget how great wall to wall sport is. Night in hotel enthralled by diving, kayaking, rugby 7's and even gymnastics. Brilliant.

Only complain so far was listening to Ian Robertson's radio commentary of the 7's... Think it was a tad too quick for him unless oooh, um and errr were really playing for team GB.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Always forget how great wall to wall sport is. Night in hotel enthralled by diving, kayaking, rugby 7's and even gymnastics. Brilliant.

Only complain so far was listening to Ian Robertson's radio commentary of the 7's... Think it was a tad too quick for him unless oooh, um and errr were really playing for team GB.

This. The build-up kind of passed me by, but now I'm completely hooked again. Constant channel-jumping watching sports I wouldn't consider watching normally.............clay pigeon shooting ? Bring it on......[emoji3]

The US girl (Biles) who's just won gold in the gymnastics was sensational.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
DIFFERENT.GRAVY. :clap::banana::clap2:

0c41673bd8700852fdb070ef8800ecd7.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports