Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The World Cup team members were brought to a meeting of athletes, coaches and sports officials where they were severely criticised for their failure to win.
The coach, like any other DPRK senior official, was sent away to do construction for a few months before returning to a lower level position in the DPRK Football Association.

I've now got images of Woy in a hardhat.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Excellent rugby match between GB and the Kiwis. We were 21-0 up at half time and hung on to win 21-19

The rugby sevens have been a big hit -some really good games. My highlight of the Olympics so far

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Froome gets bronze in the men's TT.

The field was convincingly stuffed by Cancellara who won his second Gold following 8 years after Bejing.

4 years ago Cancellara fell on the final bend of the men's road race, damaging his shoulder.
Bradley Wiggins was truly blessed that Summer.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
4 years ago Cancellara fell on the final bend of the men's road race, damaging his shoulder.
Bradley Wiggins was truly blessed that Summer.

Wiggins was nailed on for that TT. Really don't think Cancellara would have challenged for gold in 2012.

Still an absolute stonking ride today!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wiggins was nailed on for that TT. Really don't think Cancellara would have challenged for gold in 2012.
That's a big call which you may well be right about.
But we can safely say BW's win was that much 'easier' against an injured Cancellara.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That's a big call which you may well be right about.
But we can safely say BW's win was that much 'easier' against an injured Cancellara.

When you look at stage 10 of the 2012 TdF Wiggins put 40 odd seconds over 40 odd kms, into Cancellara. By the end of the TdF Wiggins form, particularly TT form, had improved compared to his rivals (look at the final TT results); although admittedly Cancellara wasn't in the race by that point. Added to his form a home London race giving him extra motivation, I would say, particularly with hindsight it was nailed on!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
England Ladies Hockey team leading 3-2 after three quarters of the game....but looking like they are going to throw it as the Argies are well pumped up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
England Ladies Hockey team leading 3-2 after three quarters of the game....but looking like they are going to throw it as the Argies are well pumped up.

Argies save an England penalty... looking shaky

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
BBC are so poor at sport, why not just dedicate BBC2 to the Olympics and then half way through a match they go from 4 to 1 as its going to be a British medal - leave it where it is especially as its started

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
GOLD!!! Top paddling [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
BBC are so poor at sport, why not just dedicate BBC2 to the Olympics and then half way through a match they go from 4 to 1 as its going to be a British medal - leave it where it is especially as its started

I watch the dedicated channels 471 upwards loads of choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here