Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kruse's semi-final (against the World No.1 apparently) is at 8:30 this evening UK time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The GB women's rugby team have been seriously good - watch out for Sussex's own Amy Wilson-Hardy who has already scored two tries. She trained with my daughter a few weeks ago and my daughter now talks about her like she's an old mate.

The women play again at 10.00 tonight. They're playing Fiji so it should be a bit tougher than the group games ... but the way they saw off Canada augurs well

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Apparently she is conscious, which is a start.

Very nasty crash though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Time for Richard Kruse in his fencing semi-final...never heard of him before today and never remember watching fencing either - funny what the Olympics can do!

2-0 up so far, first to 15 as I understand it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The way her back hit that kerb was simply awful. Did not look good at all.

Fingers crossed for her.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kruse 8-4 down after the first period, not looking good for him. :down:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Time for Richard Kruse in his fencing semi-final...never heard of him before today and never remember watching fencing either - funny what the Olympics can do!

2-0 up so far, first to 15 as I understand it.

It is.

This is one of the rare obscure Olympian sports that I've actually done - spent a couple of years fencing (and it's one of the most knackering sports I've played, these guys are seriously fit).

Kruse has blown his good start by the looks of it

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kruse beaten 15-9 so will now go into the bronze medal play-off against the Russian who beat the other British entrant. :down:

No shame in losing to the World #1 though, I guess.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
GBR ladies in the rugby sevens right now. At least I assume it's live. Seems weird hearing them talking of "GB" in a rugby sense, rather than England (or Wales, or Scotland). You must have to be properly fit to play sevens. That's a lot of pitch to cover :ohmy:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
GBR ladies in the rugby sevens right now. At least I assume it's live. Seems weird hearing them talking of "GB" in a rugby sense, rather than England (or Wales, or Scotland). You must have to be properly fit to play sevens. That's a lot of pitch to cover :ohmy:

I think it is basically England with one Welsh girl.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it is basically England with one Welsh girl.

Yay, they won :clap2:

Risky move by the BBC, getting Inverdale to interview the ladies team :ohmy:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Those Rugby 7 girls are playing very well, demolished a good Canadian team earlier and now have a semi v NZ (probably unless USA upset them).

Now watching Konta who is winning, shame the camera angle is so poor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here