Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The future PM?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Boris has no knowledge of how to lead a country, the man is a buffoon ...

Unfortunately that's just the problem, he likes to be portrayed as a lovable buffoon but is very far from it.

For instance, I heard a French commentator on the radio recently saying how well known Boris is in France as he gives a lot of French interviews on TV and radio. He said he speaks French like he speaks English... "bizarrely, but very well". He also said he's the only politician recognisable from behind :lol:

Anyway, my point is, BJ is anything but a buffoon but carefully cultivates that image as it gives him so much leeway with the public, as illustrated in the examples given so far on this thread.

He's quite a dangerous character I reckon.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He is a deeply cynical and manipulative careerist who, for some inexplicable reason, has been able to present a, transparently fake, lovable buffoon image that has led to him being cut a huge amount of slack in England. The rest of the world will not be as gullible as us and, if he is PM, our international standing will plummet even faster than under Cameron, which is saying something.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd have Boris in my Fantasy Cabinet but nowhere near the PM gig.

Fate maybe conspiring in favour of Theresa May. Osborne's f*cked it, Boris may have backed the wrong horse with Brexit while the election of Hilary Clinton could increase backing for a female option here in the UK. I know the police don't like her but she's relatively unscathed and relatively unaffected by the Tory in-fighting.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unfortunately that's just the problem, he likes to be portrayed as a lovable buffoon but is very far from it.

For instance, I heard a French commentator on the radio recently saying how well known Boris is in France as he gives a lot of French interviews on TV and radio. He said he speaks French like he speaks English... "bizarrely, but very well". He also said he's the only politician recognisable from behind :lol:

Anyway, my point is, BJ is anything but a buffoon but carefully cultivates that image as it gives him so much leeway with the public, as illustrated in the examples given so far on this thread.

He's quite a dangerous character I reckon.

Worryingly, Tony Blair is highly fluent in French too.... Moral : maybe we should not trust anyone who speaks French ...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Worryingly, Tony Blair is highly fluent in French too.... Moral : maybe we should not trust anyone who speaks French ...

Good point.

Reassuringly, I myself speak French like a complete amatéur :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good point.

Reassuringly, I myself speak French like a complete amatéur :)
In 1974 I was third in my class in the end of term French exam....I scored 21% and was beaten only by a boy whose mum was French and the class swot. This is a position never achieved since [emoji17]

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I wish British pepole would do there family trees they would find out we are made up Hienz 57 ancestors from all over the world. Very few come from pure english stock. Boris ancestors came from Germany. The only difference to Europe we got some water around us. I notice today the water didint stop two lorry loads of refugees getting into the UK .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here