Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Friday night drinking thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just got back from the Marina with Mrs V having landed my first Squid of the season, Mrs V pounding sea salt and black peppercorns together in preparation for our Squid supper while I quaff a Ringwood Old Thumper. Soon to be followed by a couple of bottles of Shepherd Neame IPA and maybe a Belgian from the cellar if more calming is required.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Personally, I don't feel nervous at all about tomorrow yet, but I think it is only sensible to have a few large jd's anyway because prevention is better than cure.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
50th birthday party tonight with Tongue and Groove playing live. Then up at 6 for lift to Nottingham. Wish me luck!

PG

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If we're nervous now, imaging how bad we'll all be this time next week on Eurovision eve!:cheery:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just about to open my bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon to accompany a hot and Spicy Pizza.

Cheers

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Too hungover to drink. Sitting here feeling very drained. May take a walk to get food. It's bonkers over here at Nibble Towers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Three and half hours drive to go 55 miles to a lovely Premier Travel Inn in Hayes last night.

Up at 5AM to get on site to work with the 6-2 shift at Greenford. Followed by a meeting with the MD telling him stuff he didn't want to hear.

A further two and half hours home tonight with all the Bank Holiday dickheads starting their journeys.

Definitely Vergelegen Reserve Shiraz time!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I haven't checked it out yet but I was thinking of cracking one out over the Iraq would be better if Saddam was still in charge thread. Is it any good? My girlfriend is already horrified by my suggestion and it took me a good hour mopping the bathroom floor earlier.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm off out to get some cheese and some kind of oniony/pickle type accompaniment. I may pick up a jazz mag too. Have a retro evening in.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Special Brew and Valium.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Off to the Concorde tonight.
The last time I went , decent beer was conspicuous by its absence.
Is anyone able to report any recent improvement ?

Surely the worst venue in Brighton for alcohol. And don't get me started on those stupid squeezy plastic beakers...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
90307-p.jpg

Mostly this

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I haven't checked it out yet but I was thinking of cracking one out over the Iraq would be better if Saddam was still in charge thread. Is it any good? My girlfriend is already horrified by my suggestion and it took me a good hour mopping the bathroom floor earlier.

A 5/10 at best IMHO. Keep your powder dry and get pissed instead. You deserve it after all that mopping.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Let's hope the players show this sort of commitment tomorrow, well done.
Btw you can always take a hip flask on the coach.

Hip flask!! I'd forgotten about that! In preparation earlier I went to Tesco and bought a 4 pack of cider, and 4 bottles of Apple lucozade, so I'm "undercover" tomorrow. I shall take some JD honey for my mates hip flask and I think we're sorted.

I've had my 9 tonight so now chilling at home. I bought some southern fried chicken to chomp on whilst watching Grand Designs but looking in the box I'm horrified, it was supposed to be a selection box of thighs and drumsticks but there's only thighs in it:nono:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Too hungover to drink. Sitting here feeling very drained. May take a walk to get food. It's bonkers over here at Nibble Towers.

Well I'm impressed, dunno about anyone else?

My guess is you had 3 cans of top deck, a kaliber and a babysham last night? You crazy cat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here