Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "free kick" inside the box

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was watching live on TVs in South Africa and they showed it at least 20 times. Their and my conclusion was that he didn't touch him. If we believe Naylor, which here I am inclined to, it shows how bloody hard it is to be a ref. Don't think he can get any stick for that, although I was confused at time.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What about the handball? Ref gave us f**k all. He only gave the sending off because he had to. Shite ref.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Correct decision. He didn't foul Knockhaert - there was no contact. If there had been contact, he would've given a penalty.

Instead he gave an indirect free kick for dangerous play, the defender going in with his boot too high.

https://www.myactivesg.com/sports/f...ball-rules/indirect-free-kicks-in-penalty-box

Explained in more detail here.

Must confess I have always thought any foul inside the box by an opposition player resulted in a penalty (apart from goalkeeper back pass) ???

Learn something every day.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seeing it on MotD, to be fair its not really Knockaert's ball, its 50/50 and their player is there first. you'd be gutted if we had a penalty against us for that. the bigger injustice was the blatant handball earlier, more evidence of the need for post-game review and cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here