Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The foxhunting vote fiasco - UK politics at its worst?

Conservatives said that Labour if they governed would run scared of the SNP and today the Conservatives have run scared from the SNP, weak , spineless government at its best

What do expect from this shameless shower of shysters?
Today they're discussing anti union laws that if implemented at a general election would've seen 270 Tory MPs not meeting that criteria.
But remember Ernie,we're all in it together.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What I don't understand is, if we can have English votes for English laws, why can't they have Scottish votes for Scottish laws, etc. and close down the Scottish Parliament, the Welsh Assembly, etc., get rid of the SNPs and save loads of money?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Feeling a bit conflicted about the Scottish Nationalists.

In one way, they are the party I would love to have voted for, and I wish there was a party like that in England standing for those values especially on education and the health service - because the Labour Party certainly aren't.

But their presence in such numbers in Westminster voting on English issues, when they have their own Parliament and separatist agenda, is just wrong. Much as I dislike UKIP, for them to get 3.8million votes and 1 seat, and the SNP to get 56 seats and a huge power base in a place they want to leave and don't care much for the other 55m people from 1.4m votes, shows up our representative democracy to be a total joke and nothing of the sort.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
What do expect from this shameless shower of shysters?
Today they're discussing anti union laws that if implemented at a general election would've seen 270 Tory MPs not meeting that criteria.
But remember Ernie,we're all in it together.

It's not the same argument. Let me give you a clue! Digital v. Analogue.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
What else would you honestly expect from the Nasty Party now they have free rein?

not bothered about the fox hunting issue, but why should the scots be allowed to vote on english stuff when the english cant vote on scottish stuff!!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Couldn't really care less about Fox Hunting, in a world of factory farming its a complete irrelevance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here