Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The football League Show.

el punal

We are yesterday's news, fought off Oblivion, got the new ground, got the new training ground, no big spending new foreign owners demanding we change our kit to pink and our name to Brighton and Whitehawk United.... Nothing to see here...

Described in a nutshell! The media circus has moved on, the honeymoon is over and we are an average to good Championship side. Proof of the pudding - how many times were the T.V. cameras down at the Amex in the first two seasons compared to this season (proposed televised games of course)?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why would we get mentioned? For our misfiring strikers? The fact we are propping up the table?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why would Brighton be anything other than a footnote on a national football show at the moment? The FLS isn't a broadcast for readers of the Argus or those living in Sussex.

We are way off any kind of promotion pace. And also we are not actually bottom (which might get you some unwanted 'crisis club' coverage). We don't have any players that are lighting up the Championship on a regular basis. And we have a manager that won't say much exciting or interesting.

It seems to me we are getting the coverage nationally that you would expect at this moment in time, ie not very much.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Unfortunately we'll never get much coverage until we're flying at the top and scoring loads of goals..Skysports also are not interested in showing us because we've been a very boring side to watch in previous seasons and don't score goals.

The last home game they actually went to the amex for the first time at 4.30...everyother club in the championship had 3/4 visits even when 0-0 that day,just the way it is.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought they were spot on there was little quality with the final ball yesterday. People bang on about 30 shots a game but we have 8 goals in 9 matches less than a goal a game is not going to win many points.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I quite enjoy the FLS ... always watch it until the Albion bit. I mean, prior to this, we had no chance of seeing midtable lower league teams each week..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here