Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Football League Show

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
For once was impressed by the highlights and some decent analysis. Shame they can't pronounce Bridcutt's name!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
For once was impressed by the highlights and some decent analysis. Shame they can't pronounce Bridcutt's name!

To be fair Manish and Leroy can and did.

Surprisingly the commentator who couldn't pronounce Bridcutt could still pronounce Ulloa correctly, unlikely large swathes of NSC who clearly still don't because they think 'Glad Ulloa' works as a pun.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Despite the weird Bridcutt stuff, I'm thinking it was a typo on the guy's info sheet to be fair, I actually thought this was pretty good overall. The analysis was hardly deep, but seemed better than normal. Also thought the back story stuff with Fleetwood was actually good, much more interesting than I've come to expect. Liked the interview with their player who'd been with them through 5 tiers of the football pyramid, he seemed so happy to talk about how things had changed over the ten years he's been with the club.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Billy Davis one eyed view amused me but then there are not many who are not like that. Caspar was at fault for both goals but had a good game other than that. I thought a draw as a fair result.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Billy Davis one eyed view amused me but then there are not many who are not like that. Caspar was at fault for both goals but had a good game other than that. I thought a draw as a fair result.

How was he at fault for the first goal? McGugan's shot hit Hammond's foot and looped over Ankergren who probably would've saved it otherwise (although that's just a guess).

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
What the google is Davies on? He also said that if it was a boxing match, it would have been stopped at half time. Stupid Scottish person (trying to be as PC as I can). And saying Kaz should have been sent off after being kicked while on the ground.

Yes Casper made a howler but he had a great game. Give him a break. Remember Tomasz dropped a clanger earlier in the season? CA may well play on Tuesday and he'll get my support.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Despite the weird Bridcutt stuff, I'm thinking it was a typo on the guy's info sheet to be fair

What was his excuse for getting Ulloa's name wrong when he was assaulted?

I think he actually said "Gunnerson was caught there by Collins"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Top 6 almost all season must be a bad team then eh?:nono: not to mention still 5 points ahead of you,
admittedly might not end up like that:(

Palace have tipped the form-book upside down this season , that 5 points gap might only be a 2 points gap on Tuesday evening.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So Casper's 'great saves' involve the 5 times we saw him:

1st one spilled :facepalm: and then blocked a 2nd time by his head which was turned away from the play :facepalm:
2nd one from tightest angle he palmed across 90% of his own goalmouth :facepalm: till it was cleared by LuaLua
3rd a block of a shot straight at him that he palmed straight forward :facepalm: into the feet of their striker on the edge of the 6 yard box, tackled and cleared sideways by Bridge
4th the 1st goal that if he'd stood still he'd have saved :facepalm: but he ducked underneath it :facepalm: and flailed an arm back up where it was a tenth of a second earlier :facepalm: from the shot at a ridiculously wide angle :facepalm:
5th :facepalm: throw a straight, low, LONG shot between his own legs :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Don't like getting on his back but I am quite perplexed at the people saying he had a good game apart from that. The first goal was soft and the other blocks are straight at him.

I was expecting some diving saves based on the commentary.

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
And Billy can f**k off about the Lua Lua incident too! Yes Kaz was lucky and on another day could have gone but how about the deliberate kick to his groin which was what he reacted to but got the wrong man.

I hate to put the boot in further but even with the slight deflection should Casper have done better with the first goal?

I agree .......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't like getting on his back but I am quite perplexed at the people saying he had a good game apart from that. The first goal was soft and the other blocks are straight at him.

I was expecting some diving saves based on the commentary.

He did make several good saves throughout the game but that is his job , in hindsight Brezovan would have make the travelling support even more nervous wrecks by the time 90 minutes was up. Lapse of concentration at this level is punished , something you can get away with in League 1. If PIG is unavailable for Tuesday the choice has to be Ankergren.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Did the BBC call Leo, Jose?

Sky seem to do it all the time. Why??

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Brez is even worse that Casper. The first half at Upton Park last season was the worst keeping performance I have ever seen.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Did the BBC call Leo, Jose?

Sky seem to do it all the time. Why??

His full name is Jose Leonardo Ulloa.

Brez is even worse that Casper. The first half at Upton Park last season was the worst keeping performance I have ever seen.

In the warm up our goalkeeping coach fired a shot at one side of the goal but it swerved viciously into the other side. Exactly the same thing happened a few minutes into the match for Vaz Té's first goal and Brez's confidence was shot from then on.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
His full name is Jose Leonardo Ulloa.

In the warm up our goalkeeping coach fired a shot at one side of the goal but it swerved viciously into the other side. Exactly the same thing happened a few minutes into the match for Vaz Té's first goal and Brez's confidence was shot from then on.

thanks, didn't know that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here