[Football] The football forum that couldn't be arsed to have an England v Czech official *** :shrug:

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Genuinely got bored and turned it off to watch Youtube. I cannot get excited for whatever reason. Probably because it is like watching a Hughton team when he doesn't think his players are good enough so he goes defensive. Fair enough when you are Brighton in your first couple of seasons in the PL. But when you are playing poor opposition and have Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Grealish, Saka, Rashford, Foden, Bellingham et al at your disposal? Not for me Clive.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0

I think I'm seeing where the problem is.

We cannot beat France, Germany or even Portugal playing the way we have been. Kane looks totally unfit but unsurprisingly Southgate doesn't have the balls to drop him. Sadly, I fear this won't end well

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This. one of the things that dogged us in the past was we used to be naive, gave the ball away and let in silly goals. Southgate has fixed that. The foundation of any succesful team is make yourself hard to beat, which we are. We are no longer mugs.

Again, "hard to beat" wins no penalty shoot out. Southgate is a very limited coach.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Can’t score, but being hard to beat is all well and good until we go a goal down.

Looking forward to the next round, but we need another gear.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Ah, but by letting them have a point we gave them HOPE, and it's the hope that kills you! :lolol:

During the 1996 Euros my housemate at the time, every time Scotland were mentioned would shout the phrase "GLORIOUS FAILURE!" in a heavily put on Glasgow accent. Good to see 2021 hasn't disappointed on that front either.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
if he's very limited then results wise he's over acheiving?

Considering we're the only team in the group who didn't beat the Scots, that's debatable.

Let's see when we play a good team. We've done ok with what we have but our ball play is incredibly slow and we have shown Kane absolutely no support and still have a starting keeper and centre back who have a ricket in them.

Can you see this team scoring two if we concede?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This defence will be ripped apart by the first decent team we meet. Let’s hope we can score more than them

What think you “Mr I love defenders” [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] ?

Agree.

Our CBs are the problem, because they are incapable of keeping any reasonable shape, Southgate must realise hence he plays with two DMs, to make up for the soft centre.

Stones can't be trusted for 90 minutes, Maguire will dive in at some point, and although Mings has actually done okay so far, fundamentally he's crap.

The only way we can win IMO, is adopting a Potter brand of football and actually attack.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
On the one hand, we won the game and the group, so job done.

On the other hand I feel a bit weird, like a Palace fan must feel - a low quality product with a rare goal to cheer.

England are bit antifootball right now. The spirit of Hodgson lives on it seems. Not good enough.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Agree.

Our CBs are the problem, because they are incapable of keeping any reasonable shape, Southgate must realise hence he plays with two DMs, to make up for the soft centre.

Stones can't be trusted for 90 minutes, Maguire will dive in at some point, and although Mings has actually done okay so far, fundamentally he's crap.

The only way we can win IMO, is adopting a Potter brand of football and actually attack.

3 clean sheets huge problem

Waltzed through the group not good enough . Should of scored 10 + and played like Brazil of old .

Very much job done

Enjoy it . If you can’t enjoy 7 points and romping the group without conceding and the fact it’s been 3 years since last tournament then may as well totally give up

Back the boys

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
3 clean sheets huge problem

Waltzed through the group not good enough . Should of scored 10 + and played like Brazil of old .

Very much job done

Enjoy it . If you can’t enjoy 7 points and romping the group without conceding and the fact it’s been 3 years since last tournament then may as well totally give up

Back the boys

Massively rose tinted specs - I think we've been poor and boring.

Haven't played anyone decent yet.

When Scotland who are a low ranked nation attacked we were suspect and relied on Pickford and poor finishing.

Just my opinion...... The next few games (if indeed there is more than one will be better I would hope).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well I seem to be on a bit of a roll, and it would mean [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] could have a lie-in

up.png
up.png
up.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports