[Football] The football forum that couldn't be arsed to have an England v Czech official *** :shrug:

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’ve really enjoyed this.

England excellent in the first 45, measured game management in the second against a dangerous team … Saka and Grealish ran out of gas.

MOTM Saka by a country mile.

Maguire has been classy, including a few great runs forward.

My faith restored after the comatose shambles last time out.

Well done GS for getting it right this time.

I’m guessing you’re a glass half full type of person?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
fch.gif

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
TBF we'd beat Netherlands. But goodness me, if people are pleased with that they've clearly not watched Belguim, Italy, Germany, Denmark and a few others who are LIGHT YEARS ahead of us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What was the point of bringing Mings on? He's played two full games depping for Maguire, who's now apparently fit again. Surely a few minutes for Coady or White would have made much more sense?

Pretty turgid display all round, I thought - looked pretty toothless, and scraped home by the odd goal. Still, I suppose if Brighton were getting 7 points for ever three goals scored we wouldn't complain.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Kane still slowly lumbering around the pitch with Southgate desperate for him to get a penalty.

This will be his 7th game in the European Championships without a goal.

So frustrating knowing we’re going to have to sit through another painful match next week of him doing the exact same thing. Just be brave Gareth, DROP HIM!

Can't now. This was the game to drop him. If we're to drop him on Tuesday, he'd rightly be slated for throwing in a striker who hadn't had any minutes at the tournament so far, and dropping out best striker. If he doesn't drop him and he plays like this again, he'll be slated for stubbornly picking an out of form striker.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dull. If you are going to take off the scorer, and assist and slow down to a slow thing, then might as well gone for the draw, and at least get a chance in next round. There is no momentum in this performance ��

That momentum thing is a load of old bollox, imho.

How many tournament winning teams win it by carrying momentum? No more than those that win it after a slow start, is my guess.

I'm not saying we're going to win this tournament. But at this point in time, we've as much chance as any other team through to the last 16.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
TBF we'd beat Netherlands. But goodness me, if people are pleased with that they've clearly not watched Belguim, Italy, Germany, Denmark and a few others who are LIGHT YEARS ahead of us.

Which is scandalous considering the talent we have. No cohesiveness, far too conservative, really weird that we've just won the group and I feel so apethetic

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What was the point of bringing Mings on? He's played two full games depping for Maguire, who's now apparently fit again. Surely a few minutes for Coady or White would have made much more sense?

Pretty turgid display all round, I thought - looked pretty toothless, and scraped home by the odd goal. Still, I suppose if Brighton were getting 7 points for ever three goals scored we wouldn't complain.

The camera work kept showing Stones leading up to that. Perhaps a niggle?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah the guff avout Scotland. My god. 1 point against an utterly turd England and they act like they've won the World Cup. CHRIST.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Well, we’ve won a modestly difficult group without conceding a goal, Scotland are bottom and out, and we have a potential route to the final with only one game away from Wembley. What’s not to like?

I suspect that when the groups are all done, it will turn out that our route is not much tougher than had we finished second. Regardless, you don’t win tournaments without beating good sides. Denmark beat France, Netherlands and Germany to win Euro 92 and Greece beat Portugal (twice) and France whilst drawing with Spain in the group stage to win In 2004.

Not as exciting as the group stage of Euro 96 by any means, but it’s been a solid, assured and measured performance so far. I’m happy enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports