Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Football Club Owners Forthright Views

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
This is the interview that everyone wanted this week - the uncut, no holds barred views of Darragh MacAnthony on the return of Darren Ferguson to PUFC, the stress and strain of running a club, the unacceptable conduct of agents, the bids for Joe Lewis and much much more. This is the passion, desire and honesty that all football fans want from their club Chairmen!

Fans of many other clubs are listening to this to get an insight into how a club works off the pitch, not just those with a love of the Posh.

Mr MacAnthony decided to give this exclusive interview to the un-official Posh fans
podcast "Standing On The Glebe" - and it can be downloaded or streamed from
Standing On The Glebe - The Unofficial Posh Podcast (top of the page)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
wish we could play you every week just for the podcast
hope Saturday has come too soon for Ferguson to make any real difference - we need to keep our mini-run of wins going but that aside I reckon you will do ok - play off place beckoning

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

... and his companies are financially stable
Peterborough owner Darragh MacAnthony's finances under question | Football | The Guardian

Interesting podcast though. The news that a reduction in ticket prices didn't bring any increase in attendance was a bit of an eye-opener, something for people who say Withdean has been too expensive could think about

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It is the 2nd time this season we have reduced prices and it has resulted in 2 shockingly low crowds.....

Out of interest when was it? By that I mean was it when it was really cold/snowy so people probably just thought f*** that.

I know even if we let people in for FREE at Withers sometimes its been so f***ing cold/miserable that we probably wouldnt get any extra fans. Ok I exaggerate but you see my point.

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Out of interest when was it? By that I mean was it when it was really cold/snowy so people probably just thought f*** that.

I know even if we let people in for FREE at Withers sometimes its been so f***ing cold/miserable that we probably wouldnt get any extra fans. Ok I exaggerate but you see my point.

The latest was Tuesday night V Brentford - £15 anywhere in the ground (usually £25 to sit) as a thank you for the 5100 that went away to Fulham in the Cup on Saturday. Weather was the best it had been for a long time, but the club did not advertise it very well. Resulted in a sub 4500 crowd for only the second time this season.

I think its that we have got a core of about 4200 that would turn up whatever it cost - the others need to be tempted by the team doing well.... or maybe something else???

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Amazingly frank replies. That interview should get a great deal of exposure. Well done - love your podcast.

fingers crossed that a good few thousand people will listen to it and find it a decent use of an hour of their lives :)

Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here