Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The first single you ever brought - post here and be SHAMED

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Heatwave - Boogie Nights! :afro::safeway::shootself

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I keep scrolling past this thread taxing my memory for my first ever record purchase and after much angst I think it was probably "There is a Rose in Spanish Harlem" by Ben E King in about 1961 and heavily influenced by my older brother who was in to American R&B.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sugar sugar. Archie's

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I used to buy cassettes when I was younger but my first vinyl single was Hymn by Ultravox in 1982. Even got it signed when I went to see Midge Ure live at the Crawley Leisure Centre in 1985. We sneaked in early and bumped into the band and also saw the sound check.

I use to tape a lot of singles off the radio before that.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
The Devil's Answer - Atomic Rooster (1971-they were an offshoot of the Crazy World of Arthur Brown , Carl Palmer of ELP was in the group prior to this single but left before this single to join ELP-ironically my first LP was Tarkus by ELP-I was a bit of a Prog Rocker in those days!)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sheena Easton - 9 to 5 ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the embarrassment.

I was more into recording off the radio than wasting my money... that or nicking pannini stickers

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I used to buy cassettes when I was younger but my first vinyl single was Hymn by Ultravox in 1982. Even got it signed when I went to see Midge Ure live at the Crawley Leisure Centre in 1985. We sneaked in early and bumped into the band and also saw the sound check.

I use to tape a lot of singles off the radio before that.

That was my first twelve inch, I think.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sheena Easton - 9 to 5 ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the embarrassment.

I was more into recording off the radio than wasting my money... that or nicking pannini stickers

Scratch that... checked the dates and in fact it was Everyday hurts by Sad Cafe... not embarrassed by that at all...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Leader of the Gang - Gary Glitter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here