Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The first Albion player you remember watching

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm going for Carlisle United, February 1985
My word sir, you are stato supremo. Yes Feb 85 indeed, a midweek game against Carlisle United, Tuesday night l think. I was so impressed l went again on the Saturday when we demolished Wolves 6-0, if memory serves me right.

I remember that game as Tommy Docherty was having some banter with the crowd, in what was l believe his final game as manager, hewr was sacked just afterwards.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My word sir, you are stato supremo. Yes Feb 85 indeed, a midweek game against Carlisle United, Tuesday night l think. I was so impressed l went again on the Saturday when we demolished Wolves 6-0, if memory serves me right.

I remember that game as Tommy Docherty was having some banter with the crowd, in what was l believe his final game as manager, hewr was sacked just afterwards.
The Wolves game was in the May. Probably the worst I've ever seen a team play at the old place. They just didn't want to be there. The Wolves fans weren't really watching, they were just drinking on the Tyburn wagon.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The one that first made an impression was Des "Tank" Tennant with honourable mentions for Eric Gill, "Flash" Gordon, Frankie Howard and Dennis Foreman (who was also a Sussex cricketer). I would have mentioned Bert Addinall but he left at the end of the season to join a South London club named after a Victorian Exhibition Centre.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Roy Jennings as well, but I remember him as somewhat elegant, at least how he moved, otherwise from a bit later Charlie Livesey, who always seemed to be smiling

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here