Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The fella who "invaded" the pitch

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unbelievable - feels like we’re going backwards….

I think it's the last hurrah of the nearly dead. Times have changed. Every **** is on camera.

Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t84vFNgXuDQ

PPF can only post in the pit and everone just laughs at him.

Nothing much to see here (other than an arrest, a life ban, possibly the loss of a job as a supermarket shelf stacker, or city trader :shrug:)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Unbelievable - feels like we’re going backwards….

It's one idiot at a time though.

I have to hope that these are like the extreme anti Vaxxers who suddenly end up on a ventilator, Darwin in action (as will be a life ban) and small enough in number not to be massively significant.

That said, that was incredibly stupid and quite depressing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great piece. This bit is also relevant......

What is the point, really, of trying to succeed as Everton Football Club? What is the point of a league where monied stasis is the goal of almost all of its members? How can I feel that deep connection to a diffuse global company sponsored by an unlicensed betting portal that secretly dreams of relocating to the metaverse? Perhaps this is why there is so much free-floating rage out there, the hunger to see bias and conspiracies, the obsession with trivia and celebrity, the skittish collectivism of the online herd. These are essentially ghost-feelings, reflexes, emotional muscle memory, like a dog kicking its legs in its sleep.

Sums up exactly what I feel about the Premier League and,
while we might have a fan in charge the rest could be about us,

Any realistic solutions?

I see none. As a lefty I nevertheless accept that this is all part of global capital. Sort of.

It is also delivering fantastic football.

I personally don't give a shit that a lardy entitled fanbase of a lardy club like Everton can't expect to win the league in the next ten years.

We, Brighton, have NEVER been able to compete, let alone expect deliverance for an entitlement. And yet....we have now reached a pinnacle. After 120 years.

Who would have thought.

I have bought my ticket (I bought it in 1969), am strapped in, and I continue to enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's one idiot at a time though.

I have to hope that these are like the extreme anti Vaxxers who suddenly end up on a ventilator, Darwin in action (as will be a life ban) and small enough in number not to be massively significant.

That said, that was incredibly stupid and quite depressing.

But how many matches do we have to play before they are eliminated, or are their numbers growing faster than the elimination rate?

Maybe there should be a very simple math/spelling test that fans have to pass before being allowed to enter stadia.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Probably full of Colombian marching powder

I can only think that is it. For a long time it was rare. And now there is no opportunity to get away with it. It's just nuts.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Any realistic solutions?

I see none. As a lefty I nevertheless accept that this is all part of global capital. Sort of.

It is also delivering fantastic football.

I personally don't give a shit that a lardy entitled fanbase of a lardy club like Everton can't expect to win the league in the next ten years.

We, Brighton, have NEVER been able to compete, let alone expect deliverance for an entitlement. And yet....we have now reached a pinnacle. After 120 years.

Who would have thought.

I have bought my ticket (I bought it in 1969), am strapped in, and I continue to enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

There isn't a realistic solution.

I don't like the Premier League one bit. I also, in blog posts. called The Championship "a basket case" and "a money pit" and it's both of those things. Plus I'd want us to win which means promotion back to a league I can't stand.

We'd lose a load of money in League One and Two with our set up.

The solution is either for me to quit my ST and watch non-league or for us to become Manchester City, only via responsible ownership and good management rather than petro-dollars. I'm fractionally more invested in the latter but I can't say it'll last forever.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There isn't a realistic solution.

I don't like the Premier League one bit. I also, in blog posts. called The Championship "a basket case" and "a money pit" and it's both of those things. Plus I'd want us to win which means promotion back to a league I can't stand.

We'd lose a load of money in League One and Two with our set up.

The solution is either for me to quit my ST and watch non-league or for us to become Manchester City, only via responsible ownership and good management rather than petro-dollars. I'm fractionally more invested in the latter but I can't say it'll last forever.

Ahem.

It's only a game.

???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Ahem.

It's only a game.

???

No it isn't. I hope you've used that ironically. Otherwise, you're my wife :lol:

As a Brighton fan I don't expect us to win the league but I do very much want us to (in order) beat Palace home and away, finish above Palace, have a decent league finish and have a good FA Cup run, Note want

I'm constantly told that a decent league finish either a) isn't possible (it is, see Leicester) or b) will happen N years in the future (hold my pint while I use that as banter on Twitter).

That's defeatism, pure and simple. I'm nearing the age where I'm working out how long I have left here and not liking the answer. I do want it now.

The Premier League is money-based purgatory.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No it isn't. I hope you've used that ironically. Otherwise, you're my wife :lol:

As a Brighton fan I don't expect us to win the league but I do very much want us to (in order) beat Palace home and away, finish above Palace, have a decent league finish and have a good FA Cup run, Note want

I'm constantly told that a decent league finish either a) isn't possible (it is, see Leicester) or b) will happen N years in the future (hold my pint while I use that as banter on Twitter).

That's defeatism, pure and simple. I'm nearing the age where I'm working out how long I have left here and not liking the answer. I do want it now.

Come on. We have got more than we ever wanted 20 years ago. Don't be so greedy :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL6x17VHMDI

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If looking for clemency this won't help

[tweet]1490376656351117317[/tweet]

Would have loved to see the Notts Forest players turn round and beat the heck out of him. One fat football fan against 6 very fit young men. No contest!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

This. I’d throw a European away in too.

I’m on record as stating that selling BDB on deadline day with no replacement was not good business, I couldn’t give a flying one if he’s a Toon fan or not, it wasn’t good for BHA at the time, I’m very surprised Bloom allowed it.
Likewise Undav, we needed him in now, not in July. Again as a Brighton fan I couldn’t give a **** about USG, we’re 9th and have a real chance of finishing top 10, we didn’t strengthen, we weakened. That doesn’t make sense.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would have loved to see the Notts Forest players turn round and beat the heck out of him. One fat football fan against 6 very fit young men. No contest!

Sadly if a Forest (or Leicester) player had lamped him the referee would have been obliged to Red Card him, and then the Police would’ve had to step in, then, then…. Hopefully the stewards gave him a good hiding.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sadly if a Forest (or Leicester) player had lamped him the referee would have been obliged to Red Card him, and then the Police would’ve had to step in, then, then…. Hopefully the stewards gave him a good hiding.
Wouldn’t that make the stewards as bad as the Leicester fan?

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
This. I’d throw a European away in too.

I’m on record as stating that selling BDB on deadline day with no replacement was not good business, I couldn’t give a flying one if he’s a Toon fan or not, it wasn’t good for BHA at the time, I’m very surprised Bloom allowed it.
Likewise Undav, we needed him in now, not in July. Again as a Brighton fan I couldn’t give a **** about USG, we’re 9th and have a real chance of finishing top 10, we didn’t strengthen, we weakened. That doesn’t make sense.

Possibly the Albion management are looking at the bigger longer term picture and see the benefit in getting a reputation of treating players well ( which includes allowing them to move on ) , and treating other clubs with consideration also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here