Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Faustian pact comes unstuck.....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Out of interest, was there much "Hyypia out!" singing at the match on Saturday? Or the match before? Any banners?

Just seems to have been a bit of grumbling online.

That's nothing compared to what, say, Pardew was facing a few months back.

(For the record, I'm not attending matches at the mo due to family commitments)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hang on.

Does this mean we're not going up.

Not even gonna win the cup ?

Strewth, it's gonna be a poor season.

EVERYBODY out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I interpreted it as the Devil being this bit: "the ‘money is everything and we’re customers now’ culture of modern football".
All rather dramatic to compare it to a Faustian pact and very open to interpretation.

No - that's not right. In Attilla's analogy, that is the consequence - the loss of our collective soul. Who is the Devil, Attilla?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think this line is the most telling:

replace the passion and hands-on commitment of Dick Knight with the money of Tony Bloom

In Attila's world TB doesn't have passion - just money but he still respects TB despite regarding it as a Faustian Pact. Strange sort of respect but there you go.

Exactly.

If only there was an existing 13 or 14 page thread blaming Tony Bloom on the first page of this forum that attila could have found to add this to - if only he could have spared ten seconds. But no, because he's far busier than everybody else.
At least this fresh thread gives people the opportunity to take part in one of NSC's favourite pastimes ... Shoot the Messenger.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wozza sort out your 'was/were' situation. It's almost like you do it on f/ing purpose just to wind the 'literatti' up you inexplicable lump of f/ing irritating bullcrap...aaarrrgghhh! I'd hate to think what would happen if you were asked to pronounce the word 'butter'

You okay?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
At least this fresh thread gives people the opportunity to take part in one of NSC's favourite pastimes ... Shoot the Messenger.

Yeah - because we were all crying out for someone....anyone to say that Burke and Hyypia should go. Thank God for people like Attila for having the courage to make that bold demand.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Out of interest, was there much "Hyypia out!" singing at the match on Saturday? Or the match before? Any banners?

(For the record, I'm not attending matches at the mo due to family commitments)

Oops. Just seen this: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?313994-Are-Albion-fans-too-nice

Sorry, don't spend much time on here these days...

(Hyypia out!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not really, no. From http://cgul.co/1yZzyrd:

Yes, yes we are [too nice].

Yesterday, the Derby fans started a brief "You're getting sacked in the morning" chant shortly after going 3-0 up and about 100 of our lot picked it up. However, it was only 20%-ish of our lot, it was brief, and it was quiet. We're now 2 points from safety having won 1 in 15 in the league. Most other sets of fans would be going ape on the terraces by now given the success of the last 2 seasons.

My question could have been worded many ways. In essence it was "Why aren't Albion fans making more noise at games about Hyypia?"

The answer seems to be "Because Attila hadn't told us to."

He has now though. Game on...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've got the 3 corners too, but my 4th corner is "I've been very busy but just happened to notice my name mentioned in this thread".

Well, he can't quite use his usual line, in a thread he actually STARTED, can he?

He is however, obviously too busy to clarify how losing cosy personal contact with the club, in return for trading comedy football at a school athletics track, for football a division higher in the best new stadium in Britain, constitutes a 'deal with the Devil'.

Or to clarify why, if he has so much 'respect forTony Bloom' he writes that we have swapped 'the passion and commitment of Dick Knight for the money of Tony Bloom', as though money is ALL Bloom has given the club.

Very poor, imo.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Or maybe people who clearly consider themselves "above it all" tend to rile some us? Seriously, what is wrong with attila actually looking down the front page for a subject that is so obviously likely to already exist, and simply adding his thoughts to them?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So...who's left from the Old Guard that hasn't had a pop at Tony Bloom and his vulgar money? I reckon it just leaves Liz Costa, Sarah Watts and the bloke who used to carry the board round at half-time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here