The Fans United video

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's the reports from the final match at the Goldstone that had me sniffing...with that Cast song that always seems to accompany it :cry:

Loving the Hereford official essentially telling Bellotti to piss off...that and Archer's infamous comedy eye patch during the Meridian interview.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What on earth happened to Steve McMahon's managerial career?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thank you NSC and thank you Gatsbt. My son and his mate ( both 4 years of age at the time were filmed outside the Goldstone at the last ever game singing and it was shown on South Today. I saw it at the time and had a very poor video copy which has since gone missing! When I saw this thread and discovered the footage was made up of local tv clips I thought there was a slight possibility it would be included. Well it is in the second part at 48mins and 42 sec. Wont mean much to many of you reading this but it has made my day to see that again and brought more than a tear to my eye.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
SPOILER ALERT. I watched parts one & two for three hours and the commentator gave the Hereford result away before showing the game. Great video though, thanks. I thought Archers glasses were patched up, forgot it was his whole eye. Such comedy. And yes, a couple of tears.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The hardest time, yet somehow the greatest. Some great goals amongst the mire. Incredible to think that a side with the creativity and firepower of Minton, Maskell, Baird, Storer and Macdonald were ever in that position. Great to see that Warren Aspinall goal again too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The hardest time, yet somehow the greatest. Some great goals amongst the mire. Incredible to think that a side with the creativity and firepower of Minton, Maskell, Baird, Storer and Macdonald were ever in that position. Great to see that Warren Aspinall goal again too.

And 'that' George Paris goal.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this undoubtedly is the best thread we have had on here for ages

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
Thank you so very much was in hong kong at the time so never got to see any of what was going on.Then one guy give me the hong kong times after the fans u game ,someone from there had gone to the game i did not know it was going on.Told the wife girlfriend at time we had to go home for one last game at the goldstone,she said o.k. so got to see the swansea game which just happen to be my second team,what a day we were the last out of the north stand still got the two bits of one of the steps i pick off with my nails.Hereford game i was in the pub i worked at in hong kong one in the morining last 20 mins was live on the bbc world service Mandy had tears running down her face at the end we are staying up,and i was not going to be a mere to live with we drank and sang till the sun came up that"s when i knew she was the girl for me.And it is good to know i am not the only with tears in my eyes watching the end of the goldstone alot of good times,o.k tears in my eyes i was crying like a baby.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Awesome, you're a star! I bet you got grief from people for religiously recording the news at the time too!

Hereford telling Belotti to **** off is absolutely priceless.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Awesome, you're a star! I bet you got grief from people for religiously recording the news at the time too!

Hereford telling Belotti to **** off is absolutely priceless.

Just to point out, I just converted and edited the footage. I had videos from quite a few people and can't remember who provided these ones so can't name check sadly.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Just had a little look, brilliant thanks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just finished the second of the three videos. What were Craig Maskell's stats for the 1996/7 season? He seemed to score about 20 goals! Amazing turnaround by Gritt - 12 points adrift in December :bowdown:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Great work! The interviews with Bellotti still make me angry now. He really was a devious weasel faced arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here