NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...anyone want it? Face value.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seeing Mark E Smith at The Old Market will amuse me more than anything else. I'm sure one of my neighbours will write to the Argus complaining about such a person being allowed to enter Hove.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm gonna get blinding drunk in the Conqueror beforehand and then party like it's the early 90's-uh.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

mark_e_smith.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Never quite know with the Fall.

I've seen them a few times at smaller venues such as Worthing, Brighton Centre East Wing and there's been no support and at the Concorde they've had support bands. A really good gig a few years ago had British Sea Power supporting.

Be interesting to see what the new band members look like. They were getting bigger and taller a few years ago and my mates reckoned it was because they were the only ones he couldn't pick fights with.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
attila said:
I supported them in Antwerp not long ago. MES constantly detuned the guitarist's and bassist's instruments mid song and 'rearranged' the drums.
He then shouted at them for ages afterwards in the dressing room. Strangely enjoyable gig nevertheless.

Kicker Conspiracy.

LDC I guess.

He's done that quite a few times now with the mikes for the other band members. Very OCD. He also gurned and kept looking at his fingernails.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There was a great article in the guardian a while back where they tracked down as many ex members of the band as possible.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Staly said:
"There was a great article in the guardian a while back where they tracked down as many ex members of the band as possible."

The best thing that could have happened to original keyboard player Una Baines and guitarist Martin Bramah was leaving the Fall. As great as the Fall were/are, they went on to form The Blue Orchids, who were even better - basically all the good bits about The Fall without any of the shit parts.

Saw them supporting loads of great names in the early 80s, including the Birthday Party and Echo & the Bunnymen.

When they supported the Bunnymen at the Hammersmith Odean in 81, both bands came on stage at the end and played the final encore together - a massive and brilliant sound... :bowdown:

Edit: on second thoughts I can't even remember who supported whom with the Birthday Party - it may have been the other way around...

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Wish I was going. Loke Bend Sinister and the weird and frightening world of........

I also like the sparta prague sonmg about killing chelsea fans. Mark e smith is a f***ing genius

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here