The FA Youth Cup game against Villa will be at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Sorry if it's already been posted, couldn't see it on the front page.

Tuesday 13th December - 7.30pm kick off.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Says details will be announced in due course, so next week probably.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Good marketing ploy by the club eh? You can see them dishing out freebies to local schools etc for this one. Could be a bumper crowd imho. Great for the young lads too, give them a feel for the surroundings where they COULD be playing in a couple of years, hopefully giving them more hunger to succeed!

Where do they usually play out of interest? Is it the university?

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Saw us play a youth game at Villa Park a few years ago and there were a few thousand present, we lost 2-0 lets hope our new stadium and a home fixture reverses that.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Villa are one of those sides that seem to produce great youth players as well, hopefully we will see some faces for the future in both sides. We should definatly do a video team sheet for them all at the begining as well

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
From looking at the sqaud a few players look like they have previous Albion connections.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
We got approaching that at Withdean vs Chelsea when all hell broke loose. I reckon we could get a bumper crowd for this one.

Hopefully the club learnt from that and won't repeat the mistake of massively hyping the game, dropping prices, making it pay on the gate and only having half the staff and stewards working.

I was in the mass of people that end up being let in for free as the game was 10 minutes in and there were no sign of getting everyone through the turnstiles before half time! Stuck my ticket money in the buckets they sent round asking for donations though

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hopefully the club learnt from that and won't repeat the mistake of massively hyping the game, dropping prices, making it pay on the gate and only having half the staff and stewards working.

I was in the mass of people that end up being let in for free as the game was 10 minutes in and there were no sign of getting everyone through the turnstiles before half time! Stuck my ticket money in the buckets they sent round asking for donations though

I joined the throng that ran across to the south stand. It was rather amusing seeing hundreds dashing around the running track with a game going on.

I think that was the first time most of us saw Liam Bridcutt at Withdean.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

POTG is not possible I think at the Amex, part of the conditions of the planning consent etc

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Where do they usually play out of interest? Is it the university?

Thought it was Worthing or Lancing College but not sure and probaly mixed up with the development squad.

And great opportunity for the youngsters to experience a big crowd. Think we may get more than everyone thinks, nobody thought we'd get more than 10k for the U19's game, yet ended up selling out. And local schools will get plenty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports