Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The FA Cup

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Boreham Wood or St Albans.

We might just edge a win before stoppage time.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Remember how we always used to hope for a home tie with one of the big teams ?
Now it seems a lot of people ( myself included ) are hankering after a nostalgic trip to a non league side or a club we have not been to visit for some time . Or indeed a club local to that fans location and nobody can blame them for that !
So to this evening we look with nervous anticipation , trying to spot ball 9 being swirled around in the goldfish bowl by the hand of an ex pro footballer , before the almost inevitable and bitterly disappointing plucking out :- ...................... away to Man City FFS ! :rant:

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's incredible excitement every year the third round draw.

Hope we come out late and get a winnable home tie

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Remember how we always used to hope for a home tie with one of the big teams ?
Now it seems a lot of people ( myself included ) are hankering after a nostalgic trip to a non league side or a club we have not been to visit for some time .

I always longed for one of the big boys away. The prospect of nicking a draw and getting them back to the Goldstone for a replay under the lights was the dream. Liverpool in 91 was very nearly perfect.

Now like you it's a small club away. So one of the non league clubs or Morecambe away for me please.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I always longed for one of the big boys away. The prospect of nicking a draw and getting them back to the Goldstone for a replay under the lights was the dream. Liverpool in 91 was very nearly perfect.

Now like you it's a small club away. So one of the non league clubs or Morecambe away for me please.

mmmm Morecambe's pies, the very best in the League allegedly, could even give Piglets a run for their money. Very tasty indeed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Luton
Peterborough
QPR
Orient
Swindon
Shrewsbury

Be nice to reacquaint with any of the above.

Boreham Wood would be a goodun if they make it past St Albans.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Kidderminster Harriers away.

Do they still sell the legendary Aggborough soup? Good allocation for a non-league side - around 2,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here