Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FA Cup has been re-named

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So when you are down the pub with your mates do you say 'lads the FA Cup sponsored by Budweiser draw is tomorrow'. No you don't so who cares what sponsors pay to call it everyone will continue to refer to it as the FA cup. Not worth getting all worked up about imo.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
100% this. Instead of dicking around with the name of the competition, how about they just do the following:

i). Play all ties on a Saturday afternoon - not spread them across Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening, Sunday lunchtime, Sunday afternoon, Sunday evening and Monday night
ii). Stop using a stupid coloured ball for FA Cup games just for the sake of it.
iii). Don't stage the semi-finals at Wembley.
iv). Play the final at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, with a replay - if required - the following Thursday night.
v). Restore the dignity of the Final. They don't need anyone to 'lead' the singing of Abide With Me - just a military band and the voices of the crowd is perfect. Also, no stupid flame throwers and associated gimmicky shit as the teams walk out. Strip it all back and let the occasion itself take centre stage.
You've absolutely nailed it with that list.
Top work!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
100% this. Instead of dicking around with the name of the competition, how about they just do the following:

i). Play all ties on a Saturday afternoon - not spread them across Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening, Sunday lunchtime, Sunday afternoon, Sunday evening and Monday night
ii). Stop using a stupid coloured ball for FA Cup games just for the sake of it.
iv). Play the final at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, with a replay - if required - the following Thursday night.
v). Restore the dignity of the Final. They don't need anyone to 'lead' the singing of Abide With Me - just a military band and the voices of the crowd is perfect. Also, no stupid flame throwers and associated gimmicky shit as the teams walk out. Strip it all back and let the occasion itself take centre stage.
This.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

But none of this will bring back your childhood.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It will always be the fa cup doesn't matter what they put before or after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here