The FA Cup - Back on the Beeb (and BT Sport)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It just feels right that the FA cup is on the bbc. Somehow it feels more traditional and less corporate (I know, I know)

I really hope they do a lovely 3 hour build up and try and get some tradition back into the final. I know we get footy 24/7 now and that the FA cup used to be special because there wasnt much footy on tv, but I still think it can grasp back some of its nostalgia and tradition.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So this means no more:

Chiles
Townsend
Drury
Tyldesley
Adverts during extra time
Stupid "whooshing" sounds when graphics come on screen
"It's all about the in play market"
Man Utd worship

:thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good that's its back on BBC but not so sure about BT sport. This whole 'free' thing is annoying me, its only free if you pay for their expensive broadband and phone line

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Dunno about no more Drury, he did some BBC work last season.

I think Drury went freelance about a year or so ago. ITV still use him as a secondary commentator, but he's not under contract with them. Tyldesley is the only commentator they have on a retainer, and then their back-up commentators are freelance.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
So this means no more:

Chiles
Townsend
Drury
Tyldesley
Adverts during extra time
Stupid "whooshing" sounds when graphics come on screen
"It's all about the in play market"
Man Utd worship

:thumbsup:

No more audible chants of 'ITV are talking shit' when messrs Townsend and Chiles are doing their pieces to camera at some tight, non-league ground in the first couple of rounds of the FA Cup though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Good that's its back on BBC but not so sure about BT sport. This whole 'free' thing is annoying me, its only free if you pay for their expensive broadband and phone line

I'm paying £8 a month for their phone and broadband and about £15 line rental...and I got a £60 sainsbuys voucher and I've now got BT sport 1 and 2 HD and ESPN HD added to my sky tv for free for the whole year.

Is that expensive?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Dunno about no more Drury, he did some BBC work last season.

mightyboosh-headshake.gif

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm paying £8 a month for their phone and broadband and about £15 line rental...and I got a £60 sainsbuys voucher and I've now got BT sport 1 and 2 HD and ESPN HD added to my sky tv for free for the whole year.

Is that expensive?

But was that offer off their website or did you have to shop around and/or do a bit of bargaining? Also is that a special deal for 6 months but you have actually signed up for 18 months? (But yes it is more than Sky's BB and phone deal). BT sport is not free you have to take and pay for their broadband

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But was that offer off their website or did you have to shop around and/or do a bit of bargaining? (But yes it is more than Sky's BB and phone deal)

I just got sent the offer in an email by a family friend. I was on sky originally but have bad signal with them so was going to swap. The £23 quid combined fee is basically what I paid on Sky, maybe a pound more expensive. But for a better broadbandl and all the sport channels being added to my sky tv for free I can't really complain!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I think the real news here is that there'll be less of Adrian Chiles and his brand of potato faced misery on tv.

Ah yes, Adrian Chiles....puts me in mind of that quality line from comedian Stewart Lee which goes something along the lines of:

"Adrian Chiles, the man who resembles a Toby jug brimming over with hot piss!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports