Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Evolution of Bobby Zamora

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I did for his first goal at the Amex, but not yesterday, yesterday they were all fairly equal.

Here's a question for you - when did Brighton last have 3 strikers score in one game?

And another ...when was the last time Brighton scored three Goals in a half ?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I voted yes all the way. You could argue he could do a job still at a Premiership club but probably wouldn't get as many minutes as he is getting now, which is as many as he can manage until he runs out of steam. As a result he is slowly getting fitter as he is being pushed physically. If he doesn't get injured he could now regularly play 90 minutes, hit 100 goals for the Albion and help secure promotion. Amazing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And another ...when was the last time Brighton scored three Goals in a half ?
vs Birmingham in Feb, and Ipswich in Jan (I had to look it up)

Last edited:

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
I'd agree with this to the degree that although he's a legend already, younger kids are wanting his name on a shirt for his exploits now, rather than 15 years ago. My 5 year old new who he was when he signed, but yesterday was adamant that she wanted his name on her 2013 kit "because he's the best and always scores", was a very proud Dad moment.

Love this!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you are only asking about league games would it be Plymouth Feb 2011?

Murray(2), Wood & Sandaza

Yes, I cheated....am I correct?
lol, I have no idea, it was just a question. I'm going to assume you are, thanks :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We got some really bad feedback from Norwich fans that found CH very negative and set out sides not to lose. What happened to that bloke? I don't see it here, and going 3 across the back yesterday was just fantastic, ok we were playing v 10 but would GP or OG have done that? I don't think they would. And we reaped the rewards, it wasn't anything to do with not losing and everything to do with winning. We have a legend in Bobby Z (Peter Ward) and a manager in Chris Hughton that just oozes class (Alan Mullery), I see comparisons.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was very ambivalent re him returning. Might get the odd cameo, good for the crowd and shirt sales and perhaps help the younger strikers. Been so much more than that, and he is, without a doubt, getting fitter by the week. He looked pretty ponderous in the early games. His positioning and reading of the game is worth a couple of yards of anyone's pace (and it's not luck) and with a whippet like Wilson alongside we're always going to be scoring. Think CH (and presumably the club fitness coaches) have handled him brilliantly as well.

As for CH and his tactics, there can't be a doubter left after yesterday. The guy is a master.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I was against too and to be honest still had my doubts even recently. However, I think Baldock's injury has actually helped Bobby, starting games has made him look fitter and he is contributing more than just goals. I thought he was magnificent yesterday and crucially looked as strong in the last 10 mins as he did in the first...

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
People of a certain age on here have seen Wardy in his days with us and seen BZ early in his career and now
I'm lucky to seen all this and I think I'm quite privileged to see two masters in the art of goal scoring wearing the famous stripes

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
People of a certain age on here have seen Wardy in his days with us and seen BZ early in his career and now
I'm lucky to seen all this and I think I'm quite privileged to see two masters in the art of goal scoring wearing the famous stripes

Remind me to tell my four kids that I'm of a certain age--------they think I'm just a grumpy/boring/old fart :moo:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

There will never be another Peter Ward, but Bobby Z is as close as it comes. I was so intense on yesterdays game I have forgotten who was man of the match? Can someone let me know please.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think my greatest concern over his return was his fitness. For years he has had injury problems and making cameo performances without a significant return in goals. He developed into a good premiership hold up forward. Coming home his game time and developing fitness has been really well managed by the club, despite, no doubt, them aching to get him on the pitch earlier. It is paying off and we currently have a great championship target man who is a great finisher at this level. Great player, great signing. I don't care that he has come back as a different type of player - his experience can only be great for our developing forwards.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7179990 said:
I think anyone that had watched any of his hold up play for QPR and Fulham over the past few seasons would have known he'd be an excellent edition. People who were judging him on goals alone were just ill informed

When he signed I was going to say exactly that.
I wish I had.
I think some have forgotten that he was good enough for England.
He was brilliant for Fulham & QPR against some of the best defenders in the world and right up to last season.
So as he has dropped down a league and if he stays fit why should he not be very good for us.
He still has Premiership class, like Bridge and Upson.
Zamora and Wilson, mouthwatering stuff.
Imagine if we had a fully fit squad.
z

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
There will never be another Peter Ward, but Bobby Z is as close as it comes. I was so intense on yesterdays game I have forgotten who was man of the match? Can someone let me know please.

if Bobby gets to anywhere near a hundred goals for the Albion and this in turn sees us make it to the Premier League - he might well supplant Wardy in my affections.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here