Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Europa League 23-24 Round of 16 Draw OFFICIAL THREAD

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Couldn't actually see one in amongst all the adjacent threads so here goes.

UEFA.com - Europa League R16 Draw

1708684347603.png

Live link to UEFA's YouTube Channel for the draw HERE;

Conditions of the draw

The draw respects the following principles, in accordance with Paragraphs 13.09 and 18.02 of the 2023/24 UEFA Europa League regulations:

• The UEFA Europa League group winners are drawn against the eight winners of the knockout round play-offs.

• Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

• The UEFA Europa League group winners play the return legs at home.

UEFA Europa League group winners
West Ham United FC (ENG)
Brighton & Hove Albion FC (ENG)
Rangers FC (SCO)
Atalanta BC (ITA)
Liverpool FC (ENG)
Villarreal CF (ESP)
SK Slavia Praha (CZE)
Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER)

Winners of the Europa League knockout round play-offs
SC Freiburg (GER)
Olympique de Marseille (FRA)
AC Sparta Praha (CZE)
Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR)
SL Benfica (POR)
AC Milan (ITA)
AS Roma (ITA)
Qarabağ FK (AZE)

Round of 16 draw: All you need to know

Draw procedure

Eight balls containing the names of the winners of the knockout round play-offs are placed in a bowl.

A first ball is drawn from the bowl. The team drawn is placed as the home team for the first leg of match 1.

In accordance with the above draw conditions, the computer then shows which group winners are eligible to play the team drawn for match 1. These teams’ names are placed in a bowl.

A ball is drawn from that bowl to complete the pairing of match 1. The team drawn is placed as the visiting team for the first leg.

The above procedure is repeated for the remaining matches.

If the computer indicates that only one group winner can be drawn for a particular match, that team is automatically assigned to the match and no ball is drawn.

Additional information

In accordance with Paragraph 24.01 of the competition regulations, the calendar and kick-off times are established by the UEFA administration.

The full fixture list will be available after the draw ceremony, by 18:00 CET at the latest.

Please note that due to the city clash between SL Benfica and Sporting Clube de Portugal, and in order to respect the sporting criteria of the competition (both teams have to play the first leg of their respective round of 16 ties at home), one of the two first-leg matches will be played on a Tuesday.

In accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee, SL Benfica have priority, having won the domestic championship. Sporting Clube de Portugal will therefore play their first leg in the round of 16 at home on Tuesday 5 March 2024, at 18:45 CET, irrespective of their opponents.

I know Mendoza's pub The Caxton Arms is having a bit of an event for the draw this morning.

Where are people watching this? YouTube link or a TNT channel or what?

Attachments

• 1708684313207.png
    1708684313207.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personally I'd prefer to avoid Roma, Milan and Marseilles at this point. I appreciate we will have to play them or similar at some point but I want to go far in this competition.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you have to register to watch that?
Pretty sure it's free to air, try it?

It won't start until 11am so don't worry if you just have the holding screen atm with Salah, Pedro etc on it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’d like to think that by now everyone fully understands the draw and its nuances. All I’m interested in is getting a home draw.
You would like to think that. Doesn't make it reality though :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So excited

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Predictions for who we'll see today? I'll go with Figo, as per always. Dublin final so some Irish representation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here