Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The euro Greece and goodbye,

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's easy to moralise about the Greeks but if I had that weather and beautiful blue sea I'd probably sit around all day eating olives and doing fvck as well.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It's easy to moralise about the Greeks but if I had that weather and beautiful blue sea I'd probably sit around all day eating olives and doing fvck as well.

what a sensible chap you are

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
IF Greece were to default, and I still don't think it will happen, it would take several months for a new currency to come into affect.

At least a year to change currency as you have to think of all the vending machines that would need conversion as well.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If they contract the Royal Mint to produce their new currency it will take about 5 years to change from the euro. ???

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The Germans will be shitting it and to be fair it's but time they had a slap in the face....Good luck to Greece as the EU has seriously destroyed many countries.Hopefully this will be the catalyst for others to leave as Europe was a far better before the EU formed.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
predict the Germans will bail them out at the last minute with a loan to tide them over. untill a few months time and the next payment is due.

trouble is Greeks are shafted either way. they are proper brassic, trying to borrow money to pay off loans. meanwhile they pissed everyone off including their would be allies.

I agree, and this will just be another postponement of the inevitable.

Sadly I doubt the nature of this crisis and all the incumbent failures by the apparatus of the EU and all of its supporting strands will be bought into focus during the forthcoming EU debate.

The lesson we (as the electorate) need to understand from this is that the EU is a long way from being the mechanism that will propel the economy of this country, it is closer to an anchor that will drag us onto the sea floor.

There will be many people that disagree however the Greeks are getting the practical hard lesson handed out previously to their Cypriot cousins and in a softer form to the Irish, Spanish et al.

For a success story, there is an awful lot of pain, it's time to revert to a more natural order, and bin off the Euro and much of the EU. Future generations will thank us for it.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Come on, it was funny.

Indeed ... shows a proper grasp of life's priorities. If we all started chasing sunshine and olives instead of working our nuts off and watching reality TV, life would be the richer for it. Hence 'what a sensible chap'. Not one jot of sarcasm intended. Good luck to the Greeks and up yours Delors!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed ... shows a proper grasp of life's priorities. If we all started chasing sunshine and olives instead of working our nuts off and watching reality TV, life would be the richer for it. Hence 'what a sensible chap'. Not one jot of sarcasm intended. Good luck to the Greeks and up yours Delors!

Sorry. Thought you were being sarcastic. I therefore agree with you :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree, and this will just be another postponement of the inevitable.

Sadly I doubt the nature of this crisis and all the incumbent failures by the apparatus of the EU and all of its supporting strands will be bought into focus during the forthcoming EU debate.

The lesson we (as the electorate) need to understand from this is that the EU is a long way from being the mechanism that will propel the economy of this country, it is closer to an anchor that will drag us onto the sea floor.

There will be many people that disagree however the Greeks are getting the practical hard lesson handed out previously to their Cypriot cousins and in a softer form to the Irish, Spanish et al.

For a success story, there is an awful lot of pain, it's time to revert to a more natural order, and bin off the Euro and much of the EU. Future generations will thank us for it.

But you never really explain anything do you? You come up with sound bites, attach a thousand links which support your sound bite and then when you get really pressed on the subject you disappear.

So, the bit I have highlighted, are you willing to explain YOUR thoughts on why this is? Without resorting to hundreds of links? As let's face it you can find a link backing anything on the internet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Germans will be shitting it and to be fair it's but time they had a slap in the face....Good luck to Greece as the EU has seriously destroyed many countries.Hopefully this will be the catalyst for others to leave as Europe was a far better before the EU formed.

Yup. I'm sure everyone was having a cracking time during WW2.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The club have let Greece and others down. An interest rate set up for the German economy has given them cheap money for far too long. Not sure its in everyones interest to hold their feet to the fire to this extent. The Germans had much of their debt written off not so many years ago. But Greece are better off in the EU ipthan out, and probably now given their circumstances in the Euro than out

Jan 30, 2008
EU = MASS IMMIGRATION AND EVERYTHING THAT IS ATTACHED TO IT, WHAT HAS ALBANIA:facepalm: the next one wanting to jump on the band wagon got to offer us :nono:
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And who voted for those governments? Who thought it was ok to do no work and retire at 50, but to get paid all your life? And now the shit's hit the fan, it's just the governments' fault? If we get a political party that promises to spend, and to hell with the consequences, and we vote for them, then we've no one to blame but ourselves.

I would imagine, like here, a sizable chunk of Greeks didn't actually vote for the governments that got in. So should these people have to suffer third world medical services where people are left on chairs to die, where pain relief is too expensive to have and where patients have to take in their own bed sheets ? The French and the Germans utterly broke the rules by allowing Greece to join the Euro for nothing more that political and power reasons. The Germans then gave Greece BILLIONS in cheap credit despite knowing they couldn't afford it.

Now the EU and the Germans are happy to see Greeks dying on the street just to save their political experiment. They would rather impose harsher and harsher rules on Greece than actually help them. Yet the EU will feign surprise when the Greeks vote in extreme parties.

The EU are so f**king stupid they can't see the connection between how the Allies punished Germany after the first world war which led to the rise of Hitler and how now, Germany in particular, is punishing Greece and so will likely lead to ever more extreme action by the Greeks.

I personally find it disgusting that people in Greek hospitals aren't even given pain relief due to the EU measures. The EU is a scum organisation that both Greece and the UK would do well to be shot of. Inhumane and corrupt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would imagine, like here, a sizable chunk of Greeks didn't actually vote for the governments that got in. So should these people have to suffer third world medical services where people are left on chairs to die, where pain relief is too expensive to have and where patients have to take in their own bed sheets ?

I see where you're coming from, but of those which voted they did vote for the current coalition. This is how democracy works....and the Greeks of all nations should know.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I see where you're coming from, but of those which voted they did vote for the current coalition. This is how democracy works....and the Greeks of all nations should know.

As someone that leans to the left I'm somewhat surprised you find it OK that the EU supports the idea of people within the EU living in poverty and dying in pain needlessly - such a caring organisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here