Eastbourne
Going away soon and will need euros,
With Spain getting a bail out and the Greece
Elections next week will it be worth waiting till next
Friday or buy now???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's around the highest it's been for years but even with all the dramas with Greece and Spain it doesn't seem to want to go above 1.25. I imagine the situation not helping the pound may have something to do with it sticking. It's actually gone down against the Euro again in the last week or so.

Disclaimer - I make no pretence at being an economist

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think I would wait although George Osborne's admission (perfectly timed for a Sunday when the markets are closed) that our economy is f***ed and completely beyond his control won't help :nono:

I do admire honesty in a politician (although I have never noted it as a general trait) but an open admission of incompetence from the Chancellor is possibly taking it a step further than one might wish

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can I ask those with more knowledge the same question with regard to the dollar as going to USA in July.

Good question as going in August - currently around $1.5 to the £1

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can never work out, which way it goes.

But you can expect some 'proper' growth and stability coming from The US, over the next year, what with an election looming.

Does that make them cheaper or more expensive, I guess the latter.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Unless you are speculating buy little and often up to the point you go - spread the risk.

On another note (scuse the pun) I think the Euro will go up if they resolve Spain & greeks stay in Euro, but Portugal could still screw the spanish banks and I expect the Irish will now want to renegotiate their bail out a la Spain!

I'm coming back to the UK on 21st June. I will have euros in cash with me with a view to changing them into pounds there - as I live in the arse end of nowhere in Spain it's virtually impossible to change euros to pounds here, even at a lousy rate.

But if anyone is interested I will be happy to swap my euros for your pounds and that way we can both get a better rate - and screw the banks in our own small way.

I use Yahoo Finance´s currency converter as my guide http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/?u#from=GBP;to=EUR;amt=1 , which would mean that at today's rate you would get 1.2361 with no commission.

I will be in Brighton 25th and 26th June and we can do the deal then, either at the rate that day or any day between now and then, your choice. Whether the rate goes up or down, we will both get a better deal than we would from a bank as we effectively split their charge and commission.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here